What To Do About Oil Leak???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadow745

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
This is regarding an oil leak I have with my 455 Rancher. I'm not into brand bashing and buy what I can afford and what works for me. I've owned the saw for a little over 1 year now and it has worked great. When not being used it will still slowly leak all of the oil in the tank onto the floor. It is coming from the pump area (near the sprocket) and isn't just excess oil from the bar/chain. Is this typical for some Husky saws or maybe a simple part that can be replaced? Thanks for any info.

My 353 wears a diaper when sitting in the shed or back of the truck. Nature of the beast I was told.

I find if I leave my 2153 or 2159 with the oiler turned up all the way they leek a little bit of oil. But if I turn the oiler down all the way and store them no leek.Same goes for my 7900, I do run Canola and it is very thin and works for me great.

Thanks for the replies! Yeah I was thinking of turning the pump down, that maybe that'd help a bit. The 455 does have 3 settings and I've always run it and stored it on the highest setting. I also thought it might be leaking from the hole(s) coming from the pump that seat against the hole in the bar, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Anyway, I'll give that a try and see. Thanks again!

Thanks for the replies! Yeah I was thinking of turning the pump down, that maybe that'd help a bit. The 455 does have 3 settings and I've always run it and stored it on the highest setting. I also thought it might be leaking from the hole(s) coming from the pump that seat against the hole in the bar, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Anyway, I'll give that a try and see. Thanks again!

I have a brand new 372 which I got on Sat and a 3 month old 575 which leak like an old man in a retirment home. It's a huquvarna charecteristic. That's what you call rustproofing

Latest posts

Back