What to do, what to do?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My brother told me he is checking on 'some' locust that I might be interested in. "16 big ones" and due to his size, when he says big they would be huge. Problem is they are removals from a street project located 50 miles away in the bottom of a canyon. The haul would be up a 2,000 ft plus climb. No way would it be economical using a 1/2 ton PU. I could probably borrow or rent my neighbors 2 1/2 tone grain truck. Brother even said he could have the logs delivered to his place and I could cut them up there.

Tempting, tempting...

Hmmm. wonder if I could have them delivered here...

Also developed what seems to be an allergy to locust. Have little itchy bumps from wrists to elbows both arms. That showed up back end of September and are only now starting to fade. Tain't gonna stop me from cutting every locust on 100 miles if I can get them ;)

Harry K

Last edited:
Tain't gonna stop me from cutting every locust on 100 miles if I can get them

Harry trade that PU in for a logging truck!!

locust4099

willowkiller4099

youngmanwearer-outer4099

locustkiller4099

maketherestofusfeellazy4099

:cheers:

I was thinking the first 2 myself. I love how turnkey gets so focused on a specific kind of tree species. Nowadays, it seems to be locus focus.

Have at 'em!

woodbooga (aka, lazyGuyInNH)

Harry
the 100 mile radius is a good plan but could you stop at dusty because I have everything covered west of there lol

TOM

Locust might be a good species to concentrate on.I've noticed that many are dying here in Kansas.Anyone else notice this?

For sure. That is the reason that locust suddenly became available out here. The locust borer showed up here about 3 or 4 years ago. At least in my area almost every tree is infested with the locust borer and it looks like there won't be a live one around in another 5-10 years. I have buddy who had 2 medium ones in front of his house. Totally dead now. I asked how long it took for them to die. "3 years from the time I first saw borer damage".

Harry K

Harry, if that was my gig, I'd check into hiring a log truck - They can throw a load of 20 footers on so fast, it's scarey! :dizzy:

Debating it. I think it will not be happening though. But my brother has contacts with everybody in the city there from the janitors right up through the power brokers and he has promoted some unbelievable deals over the years.

Coming back from the hospital today I was wondering just when I will get free to go burn my brush (4 piles) from all those willows I cut last summer. Not even about to do it until the weather warms up some. Spokane minus 18 last night, 4 plus at the house here at 4pm when I got hom.

HarryK

Latest posts

Back