What to do with dead saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:clap:
Someone who goes by real world performance instead of marketing hype and is sick of paying more for the word, "Stihl" or "Husqvarna" on the side cover.

:clap: Now thats funny; How may echo's do you see on a line crew, oh thats right none! Why? Must be the real world performance!

My, my.... what an opinionated lot you all are! Personally, I loved my Husqvarna (mostly because I've got Scandinavian blood in me), and it served my mild needs for years. I also love my new Echo, but then again, my first chainsaw was an electric job I got at a yard sale. I loved that thing, too. (That's my problem - I love too much. I'm just a big sissy.)

Well, I'll take it apart and see what I find. I've got time on my hands right now, and a second saw would be nice. I was a mechanic in the Army Nat. Guard, but that means I was taught to read a manual. If I manage to break it, I just might take up the idea of making it into 'art' with a plunge cut into a tree.

Thanks for all your advice (and stubborn anti-this-brand or anti-that brand opinions!)

(BTW, I did compete in a moustache competition at the St. Louis 'Stache Bash last fall - lost to a guy with an awesome Fu Manchu.)

if nothing else you can turn it into art.
im toying with the idea of plunging a cut into a tree out behind my house and letting my craftsman/wildthing stick out by the bar.

problem is i think the tree would die of shame.:dizzy:
My, my.... what an opinionated lot you all are! Personally, I loved my Husqvarna (mostly because I've got Scandinavian blood in me), and it served my mild needs for years. I also love my new Echo, but then again, my first chainsaw was an electric job I got at a yard sale. I loved that thing, too. (That's my problem - I love too much. I'm just a big sissy.)

Well, I'll take it apart and see what I find. I've got time on my hands right now, and a second saw would be nice. I was a mechanic in the Army Nat. Guard, but that means I was taught to read a manual. If I manage to break it, I just might take up the idea of making it into 'art' with a plunge cut into a tree.
Thanks for all your advice (and stubborn anti-this-brand or anti-that brand opinions!)

(BTW, I did compete in a moustache competition at the St. Louis 'Stache Bash last fall - lost to a guy with an awesome Fu Manchu.)

my work here is done.
:)

I would recommend that you try and fix the little husky. It would make a fun project and good learning tool about 2 stroke engines. I have never run an ECHO chainsaw but they are known to make some excellent trimmers and landscape tools. Many landscape crews around here run echo’s and I have not heard too many complaints. Quality tool at a good price with a great warrantee. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Unclemoustache, that is a great moustache. I think it might even deserve some rep. You need to take a full-size pic of the stache and post it in a thread dedicated to moustaches in the off topic part of this forum. I'm sure many would award you mass rep for such a contribution! I know I will.

Maybe Chad and his moustache should get a room............

Ur Husky

If you took the muffler off and saw that the piston was just scored a bit,YOU CAN FIX IT. Bailey's has your parts.If your cyl. has some aluminum deposit try and clean it up w/ some muratic acid and some Q-tips. Purchase a P/C kit. Goto www.Husqvarna.com look up your saw and identify all the bearings you can replace since you'll have that saw opened up. That Echo saw will be your beater and loaner. If you need help fixing that saw just about everybody on this site will want to help you. Including my self. I just did my top end on my 371xp which seized up. Had a scorched pist. and my cyl.just had o be cleaned up a bit w/ some 220 grit and some acid. The whole process took about 3 hrs. Oh yeah I'm a big believer in loctite. The Husky's can rev. I almost tore up my leg when the fly wheel housing came off!! Thank god I had my chaps on. Loctite everything that you would think could vibrate loose. Yes there are some biased saw owners on this site. I own Stihl and Husky. The rants and raves will go on forever. Good luck. Oh by the way my kid and I were wondering if that's a painted weeble or a cleverly disquised egg next to your head. Nice stache dude!! Oh one more thing if you go to Youtube type in piston cylinder replacement you should see some good DIY vids GOOD LUCK.

If tuned right with a good chain that CS670 will smoke that Rancher 455, not even close in cutting speed and the Echo might wieght 1/2 pound more on a good scale. And it will last 3 times as long, there's more metal in 1 CS670 than 3 Rancher 455 saws. Steve

Latest posts

Back