What type of Klotz do you run in your saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChainLightning

Vintage Saw Stalker
Reaction score
Was thinking of switching to klotz for various reasons. What type of it and of what ratio seems to be the best for saws? I run 89 octane non ethanol fuel. Saws I run are mainly XP husqvarnas and older stihls. Thank you

I just ported a 500i that was run on it. It was used for logging for 1.5 years and the inside was immaculate
Ill have to give it a shot. I figured liquid cooled oil wouldn't be good for air cooled. Explains why it burns clean though, most never snowmobiles have power valves that gum up. Have to have a cleaner burning oil.

I just ported a 500i that was run on it. It was used for logging for 1.5 years and the inside was immaculate
From guys that tear down lots of snowmobile engines, the Klotz also seems to do very well to inhibit corrosion.
You will find horror stories on the snowmobile forums about Amsoil Interceptor and corrosion.

Never used it in a saw, but do on my snowmobiles. I can confirm motor seems to stay corrosion free and my exhaust valves are always clean. I think I recall a pic of a chainsaw on bottle of snowmobile oil.
I need to look at my bottles of Klotz snowmobile oil, I know I've used it in dirtbikes and atvs.
For years I used nothing but Pennzoil 2 stroke oil in everything, and I mean everything 2-stroke. I guess I didn't know better, but I never burned up a chainsaw or anything!

Never heard of Klotz. The guy I got my 020av from said he ran Gold Label in it because he used to race dirt bikes and the “Bean” oil was better. Might have to pick up a quart of the Klotz stuff and try it.

Just picked up a gallon of the snowmobile oil. Its tc-w3 and Jaso FD so its gotta be good stuff. I can't find any bad about it online and most people say they run it in everything. I normally ran my other husky and stihl oil at 40:1. Should I do this at that or 32:1? I was thinking of meeting in the middle at 36:1. Thank you for the recommendations guys. received_150266873223617.jpeg

Just picked up a gallon of the snowmobile oil. Its tc-w3 and Jaso FD so its gotta be good stuff. I can't find any bad about it online and most people say they run it in everything. I normally ran my other husky and stihl oil at 40:1. Should I do this at that or 32:1? I was thinking of meeting in the middle at 36:1. Thank you for the recommendations guys. View attachment 876370
That's the stuff I run, I did NOT know it was FD rated, but it doesn't surprise me. Many of the local snowmobile ice / grass drag racing guys swear by it for racing sleds. It does have a unique smell!

Just picked up a gallon of the snowmobile oil. Its tc-w3 and Jaso FD so its gotta be good stuff. I can't find any bad about it online and most people say they run it in everything. I normally ran my other husky and stihl oil at 40:1. Should I do this at that or 32:1? I was thinking of meeting in the middle at 36:1. Thank you for the recommendations guys. View attachment 876370
Oil on bikini babes........
I like it.......

Back