What was your worst injury?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
working: just about cut big toe off with chain saw logging back in '93

Not working: car wheel went over opposite foot 2 times back when I was 16. ..was getting into back seat of rambler station wagon and the car started moving before I got in. foot got caught under wheel and went over it. driver noticed and backed up real fast not realizing he already went over the foot and reversed and went over my ankle. not much feeling in that foot any more.

not so bad work related: put 16 penny nail through hand with rheumatic nail gun. had to have surgery to remove.

Not so bad non work related: when I was 5 I crammed two marbles up my nose, had to have surgery to remove them too:confused:

3 fractured vertebrae from a widow maker thumping me on the head.Hit my hard hat and rocked my head forward .Ended up hitting my lower back fracturing the little horns sticking out to the side.Destroyed the nerves in an area the size of a pie plate.Eight days in the hospital.Hematoma (swelling),was the size of a football cut in half .Stayed swelled for 2-3 years before all the swelling went down.No feeling still in that nerve damaged area.(1987)I was trying to make up for some employees being on vacation.Glad to have lived through that with a 4 month old having just arrived.

How in the :censored: did you...... nevermind.

Kyle

I in my younger days I was a BMX racer and on that day my foot slipped off the pedal and I went over the side missing the sissy bar with my nuts only too land with old lefty on the side of the sprocket at about a 45* angle and since I was still moving forward my sack went right through between the chain and the sprocket right through the pouch, it was a dirty wound that needed to be scrubbed extensively at the ER by the a 60 yr old man nurse ...

I in my younger days I was a BMX racer and on that day my foot slipped off the pedal and I went over the side missing the sissy bar with my nuts only too land with old lefty on the side of the sprocket at about a 45* angle and since I was still moving forward my sack went right through between the chain and the sprocket right through the pouch, it was a dirty wound that needed to be scrubbed extensively at the ER by the a 60 yr old man nurse ...
I don't know whether to laugh or tell ya sorry. That had to hurt. But it's funny as heck now. So now you have an airerated sack huh?

where you free balling it? or did it pierce through pants grundys and sack?....lucky yer balls didn't fall out and role down the rode.

where you free balling it? or did it pierce through pants grundys and sack?....lucky yer balls didn't fall out and role down the rode.

No not commando racing pants and tighty whiteys and if you press your batwing into a meat grinder eventually it'll grab it . basically my entire body weight was laying on that sprocket and It went through from the top in the back to the bottom in the back a complete rotation

I'm Still laughin about the sack holes. TC, I apologize but man that's funny.

F##K yea its funny I would be laughing my a#s off if I saw me running around holding my junk at the track , my father was less sympathetic than I expected It was hard for anyone to hold there laughter in ...

No not commando racing pants and tighty whiteys and if you press your batwing into a meat grinder eventually it'll grab it . basically my entire body weight was laying on that sprocket and It went through from the top in the back to the bottom in the back a complete rotation

this hole (pun intended) conversation wants to make me barf

Back