What was your worst injury?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hubris

You dildos are actually BRAGGING about your Darwinian moves ???
Never have any near where we work, play, mission..... never. You do those kind of ditz moves, de-brief so it doesn't happen again, or, or, more important, affect your unit or crew.

Damn, these stories are tough to take. But bragging about screw-ups !! I'm ready for a long drink.
:baffle:

I haven't seen anyone brag in this entire thread. Apparently you have never been seriously injured, otherwise you would understand the motivation to participate in the thread. I guess it is kind of like joining a club...you might not understand the motivation to join until after you are in the club.

It was threads like this that kept me from being seriously injured 3 years ago. Read that as "career ending injury".

No one is forcing you to read it. If it doesn't benefit you or you don't understand it, you are free to move on.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

You dildos are actually BRAGGING about your Darwinian moves ???
Never have any near where we work, play, mission..... never. You do those kind of ditz moves, de-brief so it doesn't happen again, or, or, more important, affect your unit or crew.

Damn, these stories are tough to take. But bragging about screw-ups !! I'm ready for a long drink.
:baffle:

And yer little dog too!

And yer little dog too!

No dog. Won't get another--burying 3 is too much over the years. I'm sensitive.

And: No use of bad words to make the sensitive here upset ( got sent to banned camp for the use of "dildo" ...so sorry. )

Let's try "Darwin Award" for avoidable hits ? :confuse:

No dog. Won't get another--burying 3 is too much over the years. I'm sensitive.

And: No use of bad words to make the sensitive here upset ( got sent to banned camp for the use of "dildo" ...so sorry. )

Let's try "Darwin Award" for avoidable hits ? :confuse:

There is a difference in using the word, and using the device.

Just saying.

Just my little stupid mistakes

I am 16 :help: and i have been felling, trimming, and running a chainsaw for about 2 years and have only had one incident with them. A few months ago I was taking a limb down that was about 15 feet away from the trunk of the Oak i was in, and after undercutting the limb making sure my groundie was away (my dad) i started the top cut. After finishing the cut, the whole limb bucked a little more than planned and forced me to use my left hand to steady myself, but that also put my hand on the chopping block. Right under my saw. That was running, and on its way down. So after 4 stitches in each of my 4 fingers on my left hand and a little plastic surgery, they all look right as rain!

One of my other stupid mistake was drilling holes in studs of my brother's new house with a half inch drill for electrical wire. We had done almost the whole house, but in his master bedroom there was a stud that was a little bit of a tight fit for my drill, so i took out one of the nails going into the header and one into the footer so i could move the stud so i could finish the hole. I then grabbed right behind where i was about to put the hole, proceeded to put the drill bit though the stud and right into my left middle finger, straight into the bone, severing nerves and COVERING that wall with blood. Still working on getting feeling into that finger.

Last one. I was doing a roof for the parents of a friend of mine with my older brother and was using my brand new rigid coil roofing nailer and shot a roofing nail right through the meat of my right hand. Bled like hell, but got my pliers, pulled it out, grabbed my handkerchief, wrapped it up and finished the roof. :rock:

Those are just my big ones, countless run ins with non moving chainsaw chains, hammers, doors, and things like that are just day to day occurrences.

NEXT!

It sounds like you are an ambitious and hard working young man. I commend your industrious nature.

Now: some advice. It sounds like you have an "I can do it" approach to problems. If you don't learn to add "...safely" to that line, you will be taking over the thread as most injured for RValue and myself. Trust me, I am not adding any criticism; I've been there and done that (or worse).

I'm guessing that you never had any sort of tutor for your tree climbing? I can see the whole incident happening in my mind, and it all boils down to tie-in-twice-stupid [TITS] and eliminating one-handed cuts. By the time to you tie yourself in securely and you make sure that you are balanced for two hands on the saw, you have eliminated the off-balance-securing-my-position-with-my-free-hand problem. '

But you know that now, don't you?

Last edited:
I am 16 :help: and i have been felling, trimming, and running a chainsaw for about 2 years ...

I see that you are in KC. If you are ever looking for work, you might give me a call. No guarantees, but I can see that you can already type and spell better than most of my guys, and I don't doubt that you work as hard, too.

Why dislike the guy? It's not like there is a shortage of folks with strong opinions hanging out at AS.

He speaks his mind, and doesn't seem to add excess insult to the dialogue. I think that is pretty OK, given that his opinion is quite a bit different than my own.

the worst of them...

The worst injury is getting worn out. Gotta watch that one. It's happened to me and can knock you for years. I copped the sidelines for three years from it, just getting back on the horse.

A few scratches here and there from chainsaws bumping me as well, and one fall. That time my spikes slipped out from a Cocos Palm I'd just cleaned when I was only 8 feet off the ground, but my coccyx landed on a retaining wall. That was 3 months holiday and so much pain. Now I only remember the holiday and to sharpen my spikes :D

Only hurt twice in 30 years. Dislocated a shoulder and got a nasty 180 stitch saw cut while 70 feet up without a climbing line. Used it to pull the top out and was chunking out the trunk on the way down. Learned some lessons that day!

Blessed, lucky or both

I have never really been seriously injured. a busted ankle and 11 stitches is all. Knock on wood. S.T.O.P.[stop,think,observe,and plan] can and will remove a lot of peoples problems. When i dont know I ask. I am a timber feller with over 20 yrs. exp. and am far from knowing it all. when i was younger i had an "S" on my chest. now that i am 40 something saftey comes to the forefront alot more often. i always wanted to learn Arbo type tree work,i am only a climber,topper, rigger out west . Someday maybe! SAFTEY TO ALL WHO PRACTICE S.T.O.P. !!!!!!:chainsawguy:

Were there is Wood

I am from n.w. Montana. am going to Colorado to cut and set a line machine crew up for another Logger, should be there before months end. I have logged in Washington, Oregon,Idaho,Wyoming and Louisiana and east Texas as well. Are you a logger as well ?

Back