what was your worst work prank?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ebrooks83

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
i got allot of stories from my short career in tree care. some of the best are pranks/retaliation at work, so here we go.

when i was in high school i got my first major job with a local tree guy, he turned out to be a major hack, no certifications, no workmens comp etc, this guy was a nut, he would charge us,(groundies) if we broke teeth on our rakes, 5$ per tooth whether they would be plastic or metal, this guy would yell and scream all day, and was nasty and mean. most of us would dread going into work. this guy was such a tool. i was particularly afraid of breaking equipment. i just did not want to bear this guys wrath. well i had a really bad day, i broke two rakes, we were on a big three day job and we were cleaning up the job to go home, it was a friday and payday, and i was really afraid this guy was not going to pay me, not just deduct the cost of the rakes. so while he was inside talking to the h.o. for the check, i had to get rid of the evidence so i thought fast, the chipper was still running so in they went!!!!!
man what a noise it made, but the evidence was gone!!!!
a few years ago i was moonlighting as a foreman for a large landscaping co. on the way to a mulch job a mexican guy turned the radio station to a spanish station, i was driving, i was a little upset, so i let him know, he told me that since i worked w/ a spanish crew i should learn spanish and listen to their music. i wigged the fu** out. don't get me wrong i admire alot of these guys. but i did not like the way this guy was coming at me. we get to the job i talk to the h.o, and i come back to dump the mulch and leave for more, when i notice my gatorade was gone out of the truck, i scratch my head, walk the property, and i found it empty in a bed. it was 90+, all the guys brought their lunch and water that day, except the one that told me i should learn spanish. i had to retaliate, but i had to plan it out. so i let it go for the day.
the next day it was 90+ again, we were working at a beach club, w/ no water access, i eyeballed this guys gallon water jug for a few hours, i waited a while, till he drank a quarter of it, then i struck!!! i took a few big drags of my cig and blew it into his jug, and closed the cap. the guy never said a word to me again, i left the company a month later

i have many more crazy/funny stories, i was just curious what you guys have done...e:chainsaw:

I put a field mouse in my fathers lunch boxONCEthan when I saw that he ate half of his krimpet and peed on the bottom I knew that I would probably be walking home and in fact I did ..

I worked at a Saturn dealer and it was pretty rough. For initiation they wrestled you into a parts cage on wheels, locked the door and sent it through the automatic car wash. When they came after me one kid got his finger broke in the door, I made it into work the next day although I was pretty sore but a few guys called out.
Then I was putting this engine back together when this guy blows the horn. I ran around and kicked him a few times but then forgot to tighten the cam bolt.... whoops.
The old air line in the empty oil jug is great. Just stick the air chuck in the tight jug and let it fill up slowly under a car someone is working on. BOOM! Also sticking something under the brake pedal was a winner. Or just walk up behind someone and give them a blast of air right in the pucker.
I used to shoot bottle rockets under the bathroom door at this other shop I worked at.
This one guy who worked with me doing trees was one for standing back and yelling at people who would think you were the one yelling. One day the mailman walked up and the guy said something like " hey, mailman! that job is for pussies" and the mailman is looking at me about to shoot.
One day I made a magnetic sign that said " I shave my balls" and put it on this guys car, it was on there for sometime.
Not much, just trying to keep it clean I guess. Don't want anyone to get hurt.

There was a guy in the bay next to me at NMC Wollard who liked to play pranks and nobody could get him back. He was always hiding tools and being funny...never anything bad/mean....just funny. My co-worker told me about him when I started so I never let him figure me out. He thought I was on the edge of nuts/crazy. One day he pulled a prank (I don't remember what it was) so I waited until after lunch to get him back (I had never retaliated before). I spent lunch break in a half-done cab making a fake stick of dynamite. Except I used a REAL fuse I had from a pack of firecrackers (the long main one). I walked up to him after lunch with the finished dynamite in one hand held close to my chest and my lighter in the other hand. He asked what I had so I gave him a quick look.....then he asked what I was doing with it.....I lit the fuse and looked at him with a grin.:hmm3grin2orange: He looked at me like I was TOTALLY NUTS and dove under a truck and started yelling something about GET RID OF IT, THROW IT, &#^@*^$ #*#&#^#@!!!!! He got the idea when the fuse burned out and Nick (the co-worker) fell over laughing. The boss heard the yelling and came out to see what was going on and the guy crawled out from under the truck and looked at me and told the boss he saw a big spider....:poke: He never pulled another prank on me after that but we are good friends.

Put dead deer carcass on the manifold of buddies bucket truck while he was in the woods!! nothing like diesel fried venison, whew the stink!!

LXT............

Tossed a big black snake into the reeds in a pond we had just dropped a tree into and had to spend hours fishing it out of there.

There was a guy in the bay next to me at NMC Wollard who liked to play pranks and nobody could get him back. He was always hiding tools and being funny...never anything bad/mean....just funny. My co-worker told me about him when I started so I never let him figure me out. He thought I was on the edge of nuts/crazy. One day he pulled a prank (I don't remember what it was) so I waited until after lunch to get him back (I had never retaliated before). I spent lunch break in a half-done cab making a fake stick of dynamite. Except I used a REAL fuse I had from a pack of firecrackers (the long main one). I walked up to him after lunch with the finished dynamite in one hand held close to my chest and my lighter in the other hand. He asked what I had so I gave him a quick look.....then he asked what I was doing with it.....I lit the fuse and looked at him with a grin.:hmm3grin2orange: He looked at me like I was TOTALLY NUTS and dove under a truck and started yelling something about GET RID OF IT, THROW IT, &#^@*^$ #*#&#^#@!!!!! He got the idea when the fuse burned out and Nick (the co-worker) fell over laughing. The boss heard the yelling and came out to see what was going on and the guy crawled out from under the truck and looked at me and told the boss he saw a big spider....:poke: He never pulled another prank on me after that but we are good friends.

did that a few time myself.

The one time I hollowed out an m80 and soaked it in water then shoved it under the bathroom door. I didn't hear the scampering I had expected to hear from in there so I open the door. The guy was sitting on the pot with his fingers in his ears. Wish i had a camera back then.
After that I switch to bottle rockets, they did the trick.

now on a side note for some fun:
Take one of those dome shaped Weber grill lids and toss a m80 under it real quick on the pavemet.

I use to work with this guy who was terrified of snakes. He was a great big ol dude. So one day we find this big rubber snake, looked real as hell. I put it in the side tool box on the truck, then I ask him to go get me file, he opened that box and reached in there like he had a million times except he felt something different, looked, screamed like a girl. He had grabbed it not knowing what it was. God I wish I had a picture. I was still laughing even as this guy was wailing on me. Took a 5 man crew to pull him off me. Well worth it.

Every now and then I will put a chain on backwards just to watch a newbie groundman scratch his head. It's funny seeing how long it takes them to figure out. A lot of the time I have to stop them after several minutes of watching them struggle. :D

I had no part in this one but when I worked for a larger service someone put a live snake into the cab of the chip truck before we moved to another job. The driver nearly wrecked. The owner said he would fire whoever did it if he ever found out.

I did put a snake in the back of the pickup on my manager onetime. He didn't work the field much (manual work that is). He had hired me and we were friends. Me and him did a spray job on the weekend and I found a large snake that had already been killed. I put it up in the bed of the truck where I knew he would run into it when he refilled the spray tank. I LMAO when he found it and danced a jig. Good thing he had a sense of humor.

I never did it, and I would really be PO'ed if I caught someone doing it:

An old welders trick is to slip your cutting torch (gas turned on but not lit) into someones back pocket while they are working. Then pass your lighter past the pocket, and the explosion blows the victim's rear pocket off.

It probably stings like you got spanked, too.

I have done alot of pranks, to many to remember, being a insomniac gives you lots of time to think up far to many. Some short to explain ones-

Made workmates cigarettes flare up, stink, pop, and everything in between.

changed the height (and length with different frames and swabs)of bed, desk and chair, strength of light bulbs, which way the lightswitch turned on or off, size of sheets and pillow, etc every second day for quite a while in barracks.

Stuck cotton wool in tube of camelback, stuck lead weights in butt, magazine and foregrip of service rifle. Under scrim of helmet, in vest, webbing etc etc etc. relabel a bunch of dog food cans and slip into guys ration pack.

Sold car to mate, saw car in town and I still had a key for it, installed 2 wire alarm in it and disabled the hood release and set the panic alarm off every time he tried to get into it, then followed him through town setting it off.

Reversed the throttle, clutch, brake and gearshift on workmates bike

Used to slip randomly powered hand loaded shotgun or rifle cartridges into mates ammo.

Hey I just thought of a good one, my mates chipper is always left out in the weather and whenever you start it up it spits water out from everywhere. I wonder what it would like with a heap of Dishwashing liquid? Big bubble machine maybe?

take the chain off a saw on the sly, walk up behind someone, rev it up and run the bar up their crotch. (from behind):hmm3grin2orange:

then be prepared to start swinging. :cheers:

My cousin and I did that to a little brown noser brother in law when we were youngsters working for my uncle.
We were always giving the assignment of refueling the saws and fixing derailed chains,so we were working on them on the tailgait of the bucket truck and timed it perfectly as he was walking down the side of the truck,fired it up and turned the corner at the same time so it appeared as though I had bumped into him with a saw at WOT:chainsawguy:

He tried to be all mad about it until my uncle started laughing ,then it made him laugh,as he was accucstomed to do whatever my uncle did.[Did I mention he was a BNer?] That guy had it coming to him.:hmm3grin2orange:

This was done to me

A number of years ago, my brother headed a drive to collect as much silly string as we could find to ship over to Iraq for troops to use for finding trip wires. I mentioned it in the office, and several of my co-workers thought I was kidding. Well, they decided to get a can and spray everything in my mini-cubicle. Unfortunately, I was out of the office for about four days. When I got back, the stuff was STUCK to everything.

After I quit cussing and offering to fight all of them, I was left alone - very alone - for quite some time.

BTW - they found out the "silly string" drive really had a purpose later on. I got some apologies then. Funny how I was the only former military amongst them.

Jerks-1.jpg

Huh?

How do they (the troops) use it to find trip-wires?

I can see why your into tree work. That looks like a cubic hell!

I am not former military so thank you for your service (and supporting the boys cleaning up that S-hole).

Latest posts

Back