What wood species would you choose if you could?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Define LOAD

I could use a load of Mesquite for my BBQ pit, but I will trade Log Butcher a load of Oak for a load of Lobsters!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dump truck white oak = 1 cooler lobsters ( culls only) .
Who do you thimk the H we are up here ? :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sounds like a deal, but clarify for me if "culls" have tails! By the way, I think this thread started with Yellow Birch, I cut a big one last Friday and split it all this afternoon, what a wonderful smell!:D

Deal

Sounds like a deal, but clarify for me if "culls" have tails! By the way, I think this thread started with Yellow Birch, I cut a big one last Friday and split it all this afternoon, what a wonderful smell!:D

F.T.C. is gonna hear about this, fella :jester: .
Before you stop that sniffing stuff ( the Piles), fill that 10 yard dump up with that cut
( 20" white oak or hickory) and split for delivery. You do have a dump truck ??:popcorn: .
Anyone knows :jawdrop: what "culls" are. What are you, some HOMEOWNER or something :rock: . Culls: lobsters with one claw. They eat their young. They fight, losing a claw. Those in the know buy only culls for near 1/2 the price of a two-clawed bug.

In the Muncy Hills, between Williamsport and Millville. They grow here usually in a low spot near water. You can't mistake the smell or the yellow tint just under the bark when they roll off the splitter. There are alot of uncommon trees in this 25 mile stretch of Pa. I have 18" Sassafras, Ironwood, Sweet Gum, on my properties here.

In the Muncy Hills, between Williamsport and Millville. They grow here usually in a low spot near water. You can't mistake the smell or the yellow tint just under the bark when they roll off the splitter. There are alot of uncommon trees in this 25 mile stretch of Pa. I have 18" Sassafras, Ironwood, Sweet Gum, on my properties here.

Thanks for the reply. I know that some folks up in New York state said that they are abundant up there, and you're closer to the border than I am. Guess that they never made it down this way! I was in Vermont a few years ago, and saw some rounds that had been cut up, and actually asked if I could have one to bring home since I didn't have that here and they said yes! It burned very well-I wish that it was around here!

I would love to try Live Oak, since it's the highest btu firewood I've seen in all the charts. None of it grows around here so I have to settle for red and white Oak. I do have some Black Locust I'm trying for the first time and from what everyone says I'm in for a treat.

Not to be a DI(&,, but we have a lot of Hickory, Oak, and Maple to burn. I can't imagine theres much better options than that.

I would love to have like 6 giant redwood trees on my land though.

Latest posts

Back