What would be a fair price for and 036 pro that needs a top end

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiverRat2

Serio Tree Freak
Reaction score
I know where an 036 pro is that has a scored piston/cyl. any Idea on what a fair price would be it is conplete with a working chain brake and cosmetically average, not pristene, plasticn with normal wear and scuffs????

Yes they are.. High quality Tecomec - Itailian - I have used these for years and they have stood the test of time in pro hands. Taiwan/chinese are also available.

RiverRat2 said:
What do they go for and would you prefer the Italian over the asian if it was for part of your quiver

Just over a $110 or so..

Tec's quality control is 100% consistent... never ever seen a poor piston or cylinder... Asian - varies. Some are great, some need a little work. I can't be bothered worrying about it if there is an alternative. If you get other than tecomec, make sure it has 1.2mm rings.. some don't.

Yes just got a 036 tecomec p\c in the other day.actually the ports look much better than mahle from what i have been working on lately.the meteor kits i'm not so sure on right now.when i get back to work and get caught up a little bit i will be ordering a meteor kit to compare timing numbers on between stock,tecomec and meteor.
The 034 036/360 is a great saw.for builders i don't care to go as high as $150.

Yes just got a 036 tecomec p\c in the other day.actually the ports look much better than mahle from what i have been working on lately.the meteor kits i'm not so sure on right now.when i get back to work and get caught up a little bit i will be ordering a meteor kit to compare timing numbers on between stock,tecomec and meteor.
If it needs a whole top end you don't already have its hard to make a few dollars for your time at $150. Good thing is there is a good demand for the 036. 034-36 is a very verstle saw you can fall back on in many situations.

True i got this kit from an old dealer for like $80 shipped so that was a tad bit better than most of the prices i found.Figured that was worth playing around with before long.Like the tecomec brand when i can find them cheap.Used one on my uncles 266 xp for a 268 a few years ago and it turned out very good.Have one for a 038 Magnum that i have been wanting to try out for close to 5 years but I'll be darned if I can find a 038 reasonable anywhere.Not even a Non Magnum.:(

Wow. Thread is almost ten yrs old! When I saw Lakeside, I was like, oh maaaaaan I miss reading his posts.

Yeah Andy is a straight up dood!!!!!

I have one of each and the Tec is way better on finish/port cleanliness over the Meteor.
The meteor pistons are very good, but the jugs kinda suck

Latest posts

Back