What Would It Be Like If We Were All In A Logging Camp Together?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whitespider
this is the PNW you should be more concerned about heat then AC
LOL ‼
I'm from the upper mid-west... I grew up with the rule we couldn't go swimming in the lake until the morning temp reached 60°.
We run the A/C when temps are in the 60s, and don't turn the heat on until mid-afternoon temps drop below 45°... and stay there.
I'll bring an extra sweatshirt... it will be fine... if it's raining rather than snowing, there ain't no need for heat.
But... I may need to invest in some rain gear :D

Trx250r180

Trx250r180

Saw polisher
LOL ‼
I'm from the upper mid-west... I grew up with the rule we couldn't go swimming in the lake until the morning temp reached 60°.
We run the A/C when temps are in the 60s, and don't turn the heat on until mid-afternoon temps drop below 45°... and stay there.
I'll bring an extra sweatshirt... it will be fine... if it's raining rather than snowing, there ain't no need for heat.
But... I may need to invest in some rain gear :D
Don't move here .........;)

2dogs

2dogs

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Progress update. The camp is coming along nicely boys. We got soap and thanks to Madhatte enough hot water to last 10,000 years. Still no toilet paper but those safety manuals and corncobs are working fine. Gologit got in trouble for landing the plane in the 7-Eleven parking lot to buy smokes. The cops wrote him a ticket and he returned the favor by crop dusting the police station. When they wake up they are going to be PO'ed. Huskstihl told me an AS mod came up to check on us. The mod was feeling sick so doc checked him out and said he was fully impacted. You know, full of...feces. Doc gave him a big box of exlax, told him they were breath mints and sent him back home. Caused a big hazmat on the highway. Check CNN for details.

All the "fallers" went back home. They were arguing about oil ratios and throwing their purses at each other when they left. Maybe somebody can explain that to me someday. BTW they used up all the chainsaw wax.

We got a fresh truck load of onions, coffee, and donut fixins. The bear meat is starting to turn so we need to eat it all in the next week or two.(We got more bear, more on that in a minute). Gypo says to not buy anymore beer cause his homebrew is about ready. He calls it "Hair of the Bear". I threw up my first glass but after the hallucinations stopped it tasted pretty good. Just make sure to pour it into glass, it sees to dissolve plastic. Gypo left a bucket of "beer" outside last night cause it was stinking up the bar and guess what a bear drank it all. We found it dead in a pool of vomit so good news, we got more bear meat!

OSHA sent in a SWAT team trying to find their two inspectors. We don't know nothin bout that! OK?! Speaking of safety, Northman had a severe kickback right across his chest. The chain ripped his shirt but his chest hair wrapped around the sprocket and stopped the saw. Dupont was up here examining his hair. It took three shots from the tranquilizer gun and a box of candy to get him to stop fighting. Northman like candy!

We are getting the wood out though. Some guy named Thom (is that really a name) is really excited and counts each load. He says we can all be famous if we just learned to hate each other. I told him the the guys and gals working here don't talk much, they just work. He left muttering. He said the season is ending soon whatever that means. Oh and he wants to see the nuclear powered yarder.

windthrown

windthrown

361 Junkie
So... this is all going to me aired on the next episode of AxeMen? Well scripted, just like that show is.

Oh, and I want first dibbs on the Madrone and white oak cull logs and any good Doug slash for firewood.

Progress update. The camp is coming along nicely boys. We got soap and thanks to Madhatte enough hot water to last 10,000 years. Still no toilet paper but those safety manuals and corncobs are working fine. Gologit got in trouble for landing the plane in the 7-Eleven parking lot to buy smokes. The cops wrote him a ticket and he returned the favor by crop dusting the police station. When they wake up they are going to be PO'ed. Huskstihl told me an AS mod came up to check on us. The mod was feeling sick so doc checked him out and said he was fully impacted. You know, full of...feces. Doc gave him a big box of exlax, told him they were breath mints and sent him back home. Caused a big hazmat on the highway. Check CNN for details.

All the "fallers" went back home. They were arguing about oil ratios and throwing their purses at each other when they left. Maybe somebody can explain that to me someday. BTW they used up all the chainsaw wax.

We got a fresh truck load of onions, coffee, and donut fixins. The bear meat is starting to turn so we need to eat it all in the next week or two.(We got more bear, more on that in a minute). Gypo says to not buy anymore beer cause his homebrew is about ready. He calls it "Hair of the Bear". I threw up my first glass but after the hallucinations stopped it tasted pretty good. Just make sure to pour it into glass, it sees to dissolve plastic. Gypo left a bucket of "beer" outside last night cause it was stinking up the bar and guess what a bear drank it all. We found it dead in a pool of vomit so good news, we got more bear meat!

OSHA sent in a SWAT team trying to find their two inspectors. We don't know nothin bout that! OK?! Speaking of safety, Northman had a severe kickback right across his chest. The chain ripped his shirt but his chest hair wrapped around the sprocket and stopped the saw. Dupont was up here examining his hair. It took three shots from the tranquilizer gun and a box of candy to get him to stop fighting. Northman like candy!

We are getting the wood out though. Some guy named Thom (is that really a name) is really excited and counts each load. He says we can all be famous if we just learned to hate each other. I told him the the guys and gals working here don't talk much, they just work. He left muttering. He said the season is ending soon whatever that means. Oh and he wants to see the nuclear powered yarder.

windthrown

windthrown

361 Junkie
Well, SAGN is one hard book to read, even for a college grad like myself. Watch the movie instead. Much better, and fewer tangents. The book was hard for me to read because Kesey messes with your mind. On purpose. The book is set in central west Oregon, but then he mixes up Reedsport, Mapleton, Eugene, Yoncalla and other similar places into one. It was confusing for me having lived in that area. Seemingly that is how he saw that area when he was doing LSD and traipsing around with the Merry Pranksters on a hippie bus. Kesey also messes with grammar. While the movie overseas was called "Never Give An Inch," the phrase in the book, scrawled in Henry Stamper Sr's hand with a yellow logging marker on Hank Jr's wall when he was a baby was, "Never Give A Inch." A, not an. But people automatically rephrase it in their heads.

I do not care for bear meat. But I will take all the elk that you have. We can grill it on an overheating V8 engine valve cover. I also drink Corona with lime, and PBR. I got hooked on the Coronas while I was living in Sandy Eggo. PBR I got used to because that was the only beer that my ex would not drink. Otherwise she would drink all the beer when I was up falling trees or cutting what Kesey called "the Hellish greenery".

bitzer

bitzer

******** Timber Expert

Well you got me to actually laugh out loud. Thats tough to do ya know. It was the part about tranqing northy.

Latest posts