What would you do? MS361 & 268

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had both of those saws a couple years ago. Ended up selling them both. I don't miss the 361.

Keep the 268, one of the best saws the Swedes ever built IMHO. That and the 361 will sell for more money to put towards something else.

Joe

It is a tough situation. The husky has some sentimental value but no dealer support. The 361 has the dealer support but lacks the sentimental value. Can't keep both because there is simply not enough wood involved. Answer is simple. Send me the 361 and I will send you a great condition husky 44 white top :D

But I think the Stihl should stay, dealer support is most important. That is if 1 MUST go. :happybanana:

This one I would go with the sentiment. I have my mac that would be my one saw plan if it came down to it cause it came from family.

My 61 to a 272 swap over was my first saw job and fairly easy. Yours will be even easier to convert over. Even though I used the cheapest (i didn't know any better at the time) aftermarket jug I could buy, the saw turned amazing with mild porting and a muf mod. You'll get rid of flippy caps, and enjoy the saw you have an attachment to, can sell the 361 for more money than the 268, or trade it for a 346 and some cash.

This one I would go with the sentiment. I have my mac that would be my one saw plan if it came down to it cause it came from family.

I have to agree I have a Bosch jigsaw I have from my dad, can't get the blades any more, so it just sits in its little box in my workshop. Mind you I do have a newer model that I use all the time. But I am just a sentential bloke

My 61 to a 272 swap over was my first saw job and fairly easy. Yours will be even easier to convert over. Even though I used the cheapest (i didn't know any better at the time) aftermarket jug I could buy, the saw turned amazing with mild porting and a muf mod. You'll get rid of flippy caps, and enjoy the saw you have an attachment to, can sell the 361 for more money than the 268, or trade it for a 346 and some cash.
With the use he mentioned, I don't see the point with putting a 272xp top end on the 268 - but it is a simple bolt-on swap - no snags, like with putting a 272 top end on a 61.

If his 361 is like mine, it will have a superior throttle response and rpm though, that may be desirable for what he does? Mine was an Euro one though, and a US one may not be quite the same in that regard (different cylinder and muffler)?

Back