What would you pay.....?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rms61moparman

rms61moparman

Addicted to ArboristSite
For a gallon of pre-mixed 89 octane, fully synthetic, 40:1, guaranteed non ethanol mix with a guaranteed 2 year shelf life??
I have seen the quarts but they are outrageously high and was thinking if the volume was bigger maybe the per quart price would be lower.
Would you pay

$10.00 ?
$9.00 ?

Where would the price point be that you would say "That's too high, I'll just mix my own".

I was thinking that with all the problems we have been having with fuel lines, carbs, etc. and the cost of synthetic oil, non ethanol gasoline (not to mention the bother and expense of having to go a long distance to even find non-ethanol) and fuel stabilizer, $9.00-$10.00 per gallon wouldn't be all that high.
What say you???

Mike

GLOBOTREE

GLOBOTREE

Addicted to ArboristSite
The Woodsman

I recommend AMSOIL two stroke~ i can get it for ya! just let me know! the more the merrier! BTW Merry Christmas ! been runnin 80:1 can go 100:1 but i think 80 is purrrrrrrrrrrect, seems to run the saws the way they wanna run!:chainsawguy:

THEREDTREEMAN

Bob Wright

Bob Wright

Addicted to ArboristSite
If it was a brand new saw and never had any other fuel in it and i didn't use it much i would buy it. That stuff would be perfect for my wifes weedeater. I can't see using it in a used saw that already has 1/2 rotten lines in it but thats just my thought. That would be like spray painting over rust...Bob

Anthony_Va.

Anthony_Va.

XPW Fan Club
I have access to non-E.

Thats awesome too, but It'll eventually go away just like it has for everyone else I'm sure. I think the price on that stuff is a little high, but hopefully it'll come down some. Should reach a point where it sells good if it's not already.

edisto

edisto

Spelling/Reality Check
Can't envision needing to keep gas for 2 years...or even 2 months. Even when it gets too damn hot to cut, I still have to mow.

I can get ethanol-free gas across town, but I don't. I don't burn high octane either...stays in the tanks at the station too long.

Haven't had any problems yet running ethanol...and can't imagine problems that would cost more in parts than paying $6-$7 extra for each gallon of fuel.

Of course...I don't buy bottled water either, so maybe I'm missing out.