what would you recommend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justintimemoto

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
all right i have a 372xp and i would like a bigger saw like i posted in the one forum below but i think a 395xp would be too big for what i do cutting at most 30" sometimes bigger but rarely trees... average is about 18" but i would like to get a bigger saw than a 372xp i know itd kinda be point less but i would like to have a bigger saw laying around what would your opion be just curious..........id only be getting a husky and a new becuase when i use it i use it alot

Last edited:
I like my husky 3120. Cuts everything I put it next to. Lots of money to have sitting around unused, though.

Pick a saw based on how much time or money it will save you. If it doesn't pay for itself, don't buy it.

If you don't need it, and just like to have a bigger saw: get a monster like the 3120. They are really fun to run. Bring some earplugs.

Take a look at Dolmar's 7900. Great saw and best bang for buck. I see you are in Upstate NY too so you might give Cuttin Scott (At The Cutting Edge)a try. He'll fix you right up.

all right i have a 372xp and i would like a bigger saw like i posted in the one forum below but i think a 395xp would be too big for what i do cutting at most 30" sometimes bigger but rarely trees... average is about 18" but i would like to get a bigger saw than a 372xp i know itd kinda be point less but i would like to have a bigger saw laying around what would your opion be just curious..........id only be getting a husky and a new becuase when i use it i use it alot

I guess I don't know what a 372 is but I have a 395 and I love the thing. gets a little heavy but it's also a little more saw than an 066 (or 660 now). I've had both and I'll take the Husqvarna any day. Jonsered 2171 will cut alot of wood also if you are a firewood cutter.

I have been running this old clunk 3-4 hours a day, since my 036 went TU. It is on the heavy side, not that bad, the vibes can by dampened by the right gloves, plugs under the muffs are required, badass noisy thing, but loads of power and the reliablity of a rock. I'm just borrowing it, for now, was offered a price of $75, hard to beat for the level of proformance.

Ray

lOOKS LIKE THE FIRST SAW i OWNED

I have been running this old clunk 3-4 hours a day, since my 036 went TU. It is on the heavy side, not that bad, the vibes can by dampened by the right gloves, plugs under the muffs are required, badass noisy thing, but loads of power and the reliablity of a rock. I'm just borrowing it, for now, was offered a price of $75, hard to beat for the level of proformance.

Ray

DOES IT ACTUALLY START ??

I wouldf recomend a 390 ,, A 385 is a step up but for nearly the same weight you get more stump power ...
But , and I will probably get to be known for this here . ., Your chain ???????????????
Your Chain ??????????????????????????????????????????/
Your Chain ????????????????????????????????????????????
How is your chains ???? Do you Chisel grind or chisel file relatively correctly ??What sprocket are you running on your 372 ??
.,.,. Tho it is true a round filed chain can cut very well , a chisel filed or groud chain will over time completely out preform a round filed or ground one ..

Latest posts

Back