What's a fair price on a minty 390xp?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saw Dr.

Junk Collector
Reaction score
As the title says. Very low hour. I put over $600 of OEM parts on this saw when they ran it over about a year ago. At that time the saw was not even broken in. Aside from some saw pulp, it is in mint condition. I suspect less than 5 hours on it. 24" bar on it has been used a good bit. The long bar that came with it is not part of the deal. This is unusual for me, as I seldom buy saws that are not screwed up.

I know, I hate "what's it worth" threads as much as the next guy. We just took the 390 back in at the shop, and the store owner offered it to me first. I'm not out for a mega score here, just a fair price where I could sell it again if I had to. I already know it is 100%, because I did the work myself.

I know, I hate "what's it worth" threads as much as the next guy. We just took the 390 back in at the shop, and the store owner offered it to me first. I'm not out for a mega score here, just a fair price where I could sell it again if I had to. I already know it is 100%, because I did the work myself.

The 385/390 saws just do not seem to get big bucks. The last minty 390XP I sold on ebay brought $740 and it had maybe ten hours on it. The last minty 385 I sold on there only brought $585.

People tend to opt for the 395XP first, then the 3120 in terms of big saws, then the 375XPW. I dunno, if you got it for $650, you'd be getting a good deal but you wouldn't make much profit on it if you wanted to sell it later.

You'd get more if you called it a Stihl 390. J/K, I actually watch stuff like this on eBay, and nice 390's frequently go for about 700. Not surprising, as they are often about 900 new. I picked up a solid 385 for 400 and a nice 394 for 460. 3120's and Stihl any things go for good money

Thanks guys. Those are exactly the kind of responses I was seeking. I was trying to decide if I needed that 390 the other day. Fortunately, I was in my home workshop at the time and started looking around..... I realized that the Poulan 2500 would be sufficient to cut all the firewood I burn, plus any possible storm damage on my vast 1.2 acres. Since I don't NEED it, I reverted back to CAD logic (never pass on anything above 70cc). I guess I'll drag it home later this week. I already gave him some $ for it..... Stupid CAD.

I bought a real decent 390 for $400 with 2 bars about 4 months ago, turned around and sold it two weeks ago for $500. I'm pretty sure I could have gotten a little more, but didn't have to go through the hassle of advertising or shipping.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back