What's a Husky 50 worth??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hill

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Buddy of mine just bought a Stihl MS250 and said he wanted to get rid of his Husky 50. I told him he was crazy and that he should keep it as a back up. Someone offered him $100 for it. What is this thing worth. It runs great, he just said it was getting old and he wanted a new saw :dizzy: I told him I'd take it off his hands if he really wanted to get rid of it, but I don't think he took me seriously. So....what do you guys think? What is she worth?

Local other brand dealer took in a 55 Rancher last month and resold it for $150. He put it in the local paper but it was sold before the ad came out, same as his $150 Stihl 290. I think eBay would have been more like $200+ on both saws. I wouldn't sell a good 50cc saw for $100. I've got close to that much in my Husky 36.

I've got one Husqvarna 50 and would LOVE to have another. For a 50cc saw, those older saws are true workhorses! If he really wants to get rid of it, I'd love to know.

I paid $225 CDN for mine last year at the pawnshop and have since put maybe another $40 into it. That may have been a bit above value but it was part of my 3-used-saws-instead-of-one-new-saw strategy. Though I wouldn't sell it for less than $300 right now, because it would be really hard to replace it as far as power-to-weight goes, especially since I opened up the muffler. I'd say it would at least keep up to a stock unmodded 361 in smaller stuff under 12", and still cuts with ease when I bury the 20" bar in D Fir. 50s are great saws - lightweight, lots of power, and great antivibe.

I thought so...

Thanks ST, I was guessing that, but I didn't want to burst his bubble. I'm sure they'll both be fine for what he's doing, but he should have taken my advice and done some more research. I recommended this site of course. Well, I'll try to at least convince him to keep the thing. (or give it to me :) )

Back