Changing Husky 450 bar/chain/sprocket worth it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esshup

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
A buddy just bought a Husky 450. It has the .325"x.058" chain on it and looking at some of the on-line suppliers that size isn't as popular as .375"x.050", and the chains are more expensive.

If it's possible (I don't know if a bar and sprocket is available) would it be worth it to switch to the different sized chain before he buys more .325"x.058" chains?

IF it is deemed worth it, what drive sprocket and bar should he get? (basically I don't know what the bar mounting style is on the saw so I don't know what to look for for him.)

Thanks!

A buddy just bought a Husky 450. It has the .325"x.058" chain on it and looking at some of the on-line suppliers that size isn't as popular as .375"x.050", and the chains are more expensive.

If it's possible (I don't know if a bar and sprocket is available) would it be worth it to switch to the different sized chain before he buys more .325"x.058" chains?

IF it is deemed worth it, what drive sprocket and bar should he get? (basically I don't know what the bar mounting style is on the saw so I don't know what to look for for him.)

Thanks!
Keep it 325. Switch to a .050g, 18". No need to change sprocket

Don't bother converting it, decent saw for what it is, but it's already git its hands full with an 18" bar. Let alone jumping up to larger drivers and cutters. Just needs a .050 bar and chain in .325

I see the 058 chains for $21 (Oregon) and $23 (Husky) on Amazon. Those are 325 x 72.

Bailey's has both for a bit more for the No Amazon Crew.

I'd just run the 058.

Roy

Latest posts

Back