What's a rayco 1672 worth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treecutterjr

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
What's a rayco 1672 tow behind w/ a broken crank shift worth? I think it's a 1996 model.
Deutz diesel engine. Either needs rebuilt motor or new motor.

Thinking of selling.
e3y8eja4.jpg
ujevu8a3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

With a blown motor? Not much more than a scrap price, unfortunatly

Okay. I guess I have to fix it to get anything out of it. I can get the crank shaft for like $900 or I found a reman motor for $4500.00. Then I can get the big bucks!
e8ute4y9.jpg

Any body know of any place I might find a cheaper motor?

Dont forget the price of labor and all the little odds and ends your gunna need/find when you dig into it.

If I get the reman engine I don't really have muchto run into. I could swap motors off a stump cutter. There's not even anything to work around. The motor is on the outside of the machine. Maybe $6000 parts & laborand then I can maybe get $10 or $11k and still use it til I sell it. The machine runs now but you can hear it knocking.

If I go the crank repair only route I figure maybe $2500 in it at most and I can still get the same kind of cash.

Please remember the price listed is an asking price. The dealer will never get that amount for that grinder. I would say the retail of a fully operational grinder of that age would be $9,000 to $11,000.

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400

I rebuilt my 1675DXH over the years. I will never get wrid of it. Even if it costs more to rebuild in the future than i can get for it I dont care. With sharp teeth that thing is an animal.

I've been sort of thinking the same thing. I've got a 2550and is a great machine and itcan handle some "big-ish" stumps but you can still tell a BIG difference between the two.

With a running motor it worth 9 to 10K if you fix it up. As-is you might get $2k on CL. Put it in an auction you might get 3 or 4k or you might just get $500.
If its knocking you might be dealing with a had valve do to a slipped timing belt. Thats easy to fix.

I took it to the shop already. They diagnosed it as a broken crank/crank shaft.
I just haven't spent the time or cash to fix. I have another grinder and just debating whether to fix&use, fix&sell, or sell as-is.

If you was closer id buy from you as is!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back