What's Hittin' the Grill or Smoker?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got out my vintage, restored KONRO hibachi and grilled some meat and veg over hot wood coals this afternoon... oak and mesquite... more film at 11!

P1010024.JPG

That's a great design and I'm sure it works very well.

thanks, yes... its a really good cooker. glad I got it... over in GM ci is the full story about it.

cooked on it yesterday over oak and mesquite coals... NY Strip cut into chunks with some zuk and squash... great meal...

P1010029.JPG
P1010030.JPG
P1010031.JPG

after a day of cozy camp fires here in this 98F hot summer heat... decided to toss on some mequite and do some burgers... over hot mesquite coals.

the KENRO is ready to go with hot mesquite coals and a hot searing grill grate...

P1010021.JPG

my no-flip bugers... just how we like them!
P1010023.JPG

plated for dinner. there were 2. tasty ranch fries to go with it. yum!
P1010025.JPG

Thanks it is a Good Will store find. Some grandma's turkey platter that has holes drilled on the back like it once sat on a wall. Not sure what she would think of it with ribs on it but it's the perfect size and for $3 why not.

why not is the reason! lol... I prefer to eat on a platter... nice, big... etc. round or oval. some of my most fav plates to eat or dine on are platters. thing is most platters don't come in sets! lol... so all of mine are unique in size, color and shape, although at least... congruent.

he** of a platter, and ditto on the price! :D

I've got 6 lbs. of chicken thighs brining in a bottle of Leinenkugels Summer Shandy, a can of Guinness nitro IPA, 2 cups of water, some beer can chicken seasoning, black peppercorns and 1/2 cup of kosher salt and brown sugar. If it don't rain this evening I'll be searing the skin and smoking them about 2 hours painting them w Key West Key Lime bbq sauce for the last 20 mins. I got a bag of Stubbs smoking chips hickory,oak and apple all in one bag and has a nice, mellow smoke flavor......................might post some pics later.

I've got 6 lbs. of chicken thighs brining in a bottle of Leinenkugels Summer Shandy, a can of Guinness nitro IPA, 2 cups of water, some beer can chicken seasoning, black peppercorns and 1/2 cup of kosher salt and brown sugar. If it don't rain this evening I'll be searing the skin and smoking them about 2 hours painting them w Key West Key Lime bbq sauce for the last 20 mins. I got a bag of Stubbs smoking chips hickory,oak and apple all in one bag and has a nice, mellow smoke flavor......................might post some pics later.
Skip the pics, just send samples!

Latest posts

Back