What's Hittin' the Grill or Smoker?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Backyard Lumberjack
a summer like day yesterday, we fired up the grill....
P1010007.JPG
P1010003.JPG
P1010004.JPG
P1010005.JPG
P1010006.JPG
P1010009.JPG

Backyard Lumberjack
how do u season it?

i use Montreal steak. and once grill ready i start with the chops bone side down on grates. then by time to do sides almost done. M-R for me. the loin first, the the filley. or visa versa. sometimes i don't worry about getting too close to bone. then next day, i take a knife and get every last morsel. i only toss out cleaned bones... down to the bone!

i like lamb chops b'cause... sorta like a mild beef tenderloin with flavor. current Sam's site says $9.48/#
1647702809604.png

lamb chops hard to beat! :numberone:

Abbeville TSI

Abbeville TSI

ArboristSite Operative
I season lamb chops with Dizzy Pig "Mediterraneanish" rub and grill them over lump charcoal to 125°F internal temp. I do like leg of lamb with mint jelly, my mother used to cook it once in a while. Her Dad and Mom were from Nottingham, England. I guess she learned from home to like lamb. Only my granddaughter likes it, no one else in the family.

Backyard Lumberjack
I season lamb chops with Dizzy Pig "Mediterraneanish" rub and grill them over lump charcoal to 125°F internal temp. I do like leg of lamb with mint jelly, my mother used to cook it once in a while. Her Dad and Mom were from Nottingham, England. I guess she learned from home to like lamb. Only my granddaughter likes it, no one else in the family.
i like Montreal steak. I used to live in England, but i think i must have got my lamb chop flavor gene from my Mom. she liked it. i have always liked it. My Dad always did leg of lamb for Easter Dinner... i guess it is sorta like cilantro. some like it, others do not. i really like it , and had my chops last nite over cilantro fresh from the garden! yum went back to Sam's this morning, well QB did... and got 2 more pack of lamb chops. some of the best i have seen. big, tender and every so tasty. definitely my fav meat! right up there with tenderloins...

film at 11

1648832246094.png

anlrolfe

anlrolfe

Honor GOD, Country and Corps
. AS Supporting Member.
For Easter I smoked a smoked ham.
Sorry, no pics of the ham but as a concilation, here's the leftovers.
Saved the shank and now making Split-Pea soup.
20220422_063904.jpg

1-1/2c Split peas
1/4c Lentil
1/4c Cracked corn
Tomato bouillon
Chicken bouillon
Minced Garlic
2bay leaf
Lemon pepper
Black pepper
Celery
2 Carrott
1 onion
Ham bone or smoked knuckle

Backyard Lumberjack
For Easter I smoked a smoked ham.
Sorry, no pics of the ham but as a concilation, here's the leftovers.
Saved the shank and now making Split-Pea soup.
View attachment 982942
1-1/2c Split peas
1/4c Lentil
1/4c Cracked corn
Tomato bouillon
Chicken bouillon
Minced Garlic
2bay leaf
Lemon pepper
Black pepper
Celery
2 Carrott