What's on your bench? 08-29-2013

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
361 waiting for a 460r oiler, a 260 that won't run and a husky 141le I traded for a 6 pack and a pack of smokes!!

There isn't anything on my bench

I'm on my last month (September) of racing but soon as racing season is over there will be something on the bench :msp_biggrin:

I only have one race in October down in TwoLarry Cali (Trophy Cup :msp_smile:)

Well it's not exactly on a bench.It's on a 10' IMC brushhog that's up on jack stands waiting for a stinkin' blade to come in at TSC.Jonsereds 451EV,that's right my $15.00 bar donor that has spark,compression,a spotless p&c,it oils and runs briefly so now it has a new filter and fuel line, a filter cover on the way and a carb kit waiting for me to dive into after I figure out a way to con my brother into letting me borrow his ultrasonic cleaner.If the heated handles work(doubtful)it may just have home.Also I have to put the square baler back together because for some strange reason I think I need some idiot cubes for the hay auction,my Alpina got a cleaning in anticipation of the starter cover that hasn't got here yet from ITALY,my Cum-a-part isn't back together yet,the injection pump on the 706 needs pulled,whizz bang STILL hasn't dropped the trannie in HIS Cummins,I got TWO loads for the mill(one for fence posts,one for cribbing)..........AND WINTERS ALMOST HERE!

Last edited:
1127s, TS400, and 021s or such, little dingers. Spent a lot of time this week culling used parts, then cleaning the saved ones only to sort out more culls, made some space, not enough but progress. On a side note I'm pretty sure that Poulan Micros multiply in the dark, almost positive that they need to do it in someone else's space, XL 2s as well.

288XP needed new bearing and seals. Waiting on Randy to cut the cylinder so I can reassemble.
MS650 Wanted more power so Randy is cutting the cylinder on this one too.
372xp got the parts last night so I should finish it up. It had a bad crank bearing.
(3) 385xp's that the local mill needs one good one made out of the three. Wish me luck. These guys gave me some wood for the GTG so I'm returning the favor.
Not working tonight on saws, going to night qualifying at the US NATIONALS. Got to smell some Nitro. :laugh:

LOL!

You and me both! I have so much snit on the bench, the husky 51 (with 55cyl) is apart on the floor. I'm PO'ed at the saw. It keeps dropping the air cleaner off in use. Last time I didn't catch it and scored it up bad. Reason for the 55cylinder.

Echo ES1500, carb and fuel system re-do.

Husqy 223, carb rebuild, new fuel system, new clutch springs.

MS361, new top end.

044, burned up, bad crank deals.

Redmax EBZ7001. Wiring pulled out, needs replaced.

Yard Machines log splitter (at least the carb.)

Jonsered L'il Red 300 (30 years old,) carb issues.

Clarke drum sander, replace bearings.

And what's in line....too much to even think about!

I've got an 036to put together this afternoon, but my big job is a big pile of root wads that a guy wants cut up and burned. Dull saw chains forever!!:bang:

Take the dozer push 'em up in a pile,then come back in about three years and have a real nice bonfire party.

I got a ms261 I need to put the top end back on, two 361's that are in boxes and I am waiting for scarr52 to weld/repair the pto side of the case. And another 361 that is 100% disassembled that I scored of eBay for $50. Piston and cylinder are trashed but just bought a good used oem topend off eBay.

The newest project that was delivered by my wife yesterday morning is my daughter Ava. She was born at 9:02 am, 8-29-13 and she is beautiful. Mom and baby are doing great. I am looking forward to this project that will last a lifetime.

:rock::rock::rock:

I got a ms261 I need to put the top end back on, two 361's that are in boxes and I am waiting for scarr52 to weld/repair the pto side of the case. And another 361 that is 100% disassembled that I scored of eBay for $50. Piston and cylinder are trashed but just bought a good used oem topend off eBay.

The newest project that was delivered by my wife yesterday morning is my daughter Ava. She was born at 9:02 am, 8-29-13 and she is beautiful. Mom and baby are doing great. I am looking forward to this project that will last a lifetime.

:rock::rock::rock:

Congrats man! :)

One of these 201s belongs to a local arborist. When I meet and give him his 201 tonight, he's giving me one of those new little MS150s. I'm looking forward to checking that tiny little thing out.

I'll be watching closley if you care to share. that little 150 could help complete my 10 saw plan.:msp_ohmy:

Another husqvarna 350 shows up fried from the plastic intake clamp. Local husky dealer had it first and gave a estimate more then the saw cost new. Then told them better off to buy a new replacement one.

Guy calls and I say yep bring it over, 5 mins to look see and I'm like here's your choices. No problem, Redneck fix it is.

This 350 is not hurt to bad at all after tear down. Will clean up easy. Just a new ring, metal intake clamp etc IMO. Intake trimmed up and ready.

The old intake would just fall off and actually wore scratches in the metal intake of cylinder from movement.

redmax5000husky350007_zps7eff99af.jpg

Got a pair of MS460s to completely rebuild, Sthil Ts 510 needs some circlips and carb work, 028 woodboss that needs a set of rings, 260 that needs the cases powdercoated, and a bunch of 045/056 crap to organize and get sorted for a build. :rock:

Got a USC to throw the parts in, and I have been loving it so far. Its an older Zenith one off ebay! :cool2:

Latest posts

Back