What's on your Chainsaw Dream list?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SawTroll said:
PS; There has been so much totally pointless posting here lately, that I have desided to do some myself.....:popcorn: :givebeer:

Hey Niko, you can say that again...:deadhorse:

It's sometimes very stress relieving to join the party and have fun... These "redneck folks" on the other side of the pond are real good buddies if you get to know them a little better..
Enjoy

Roland

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :biggrinbounce2:

I guess you are right, Roland!

Did you notice how long Sap managed to stay out of the "prince" tread?
Maybe he is improving????

a_lopa said:
A light sabre

No, you don't want that for wood cutting. Burns the wood, tons of smoke. I know, I tried using mine for some stuff I had laying around. Not too bad on the locust, but pretty bad with oak, and with pine? Yikes! Instant flames shooting out both ends of the log! I wound up getting chewed out by the volunteer fire department.

Bad deal all around. Fuggedaboudit.

:hmm3grin2orange:

Since so many are wishing for one (455).... here you go...try not to drool on them.

(from closest to further) McCulloch Super 250, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, McCulloch 250

bigmac1.jpg

346xp vs 353, my dealer pushed me toward the 353. In his opinion the 346 was not worth the extra 70.00 he was asking. I like chain speed, I went with the 346xp and have never looked back, but I am looking forward. If I had to replace the 346 today, it would most likely be with the 5100s.

Jim

coveredinsap said:
Since so many are wishing for one (455).... here you go...try not to drool on them.

(from closest to further) McCulloch Super 250, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, McCulloch 250

bigmac1.jpg

The 455 does nothing for me..but the macs are awesome!:rock:

I wish I could find more oldeR mac saws down here..but it seems like everyweek I hear the same old story from somebody else..."I had an old 50's, 60's McCulloch you could have had, but I couldnt find a (clutch, throttle wire, kill switch etc etc)

Ill bet the Macs are around long after the 455 is retired to a box.:rockn:

Dream saws? ...Not because I need another saw, but here are the saws I would like to have: 660 magnum, 361, another 5100s, a 962 Efco and another 7900.

Welll.... a mint McCulloch BP-1 pops to mind first... and if there's any extra left in the wish department.... a complete and running Eclipse Wasp... not the Hahn-Eclipse... the one made only one year by the Eclipse Lawn Mower Company in Prophetstown, IN.... and a Lombard OMS with the Homelite engine.... Those three chainsaws would make me a happy camper for a long time....
New to the forum but couldn't resist a post - I've got a pretty good collection of old McCulloch's and a BP-1 is at the top of my list. I found a good one a few years ago on eBay. Thought I had it with a $2700 bid and got out bid. My dad was a McCulloch dealer from late 40's to mid 70's. He had one but gave it back when they recalled them. I have a BP-1 ashtray that will have to satisfy my BP-1 desires

New to the forum but couldn't resist a post - I've got a pretty good collection of old McCulloch's and a BP-1 is at the top of my list. I found a good one a few years ago on eBay. Thought I had it with a $2700 bid and got out bid. My dad was a McCulloch dealer from late 40's to mid 70's. He had one but gave it back when they recalled them. I have a BP-1 ashtray that will have to satisfy my BP-1 desires
There were 2 nice ones on eBay just a few weeks ago that went in the 1500.00 range. There not as rare as I first thought they were 10 or 15 years ago.

Solo Super Rex
Stihl 090 AV
One of those giant Skil saws, can't remember the model.
That would just about complete the collection, lol. Every other big saw mentioned in this thread I already have. My 3120xp doesn't run on nitro though.
Somebody should have said a Mac 125/101b Kart saw. Those are really good runners, and will destroy any stock saw in existence.
I guess a KMS4 should be ob the list as well, I don't have one.

Latest posts

Back