What's on your workbench4/7/12

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rattler362

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Not a saw but had clean them up anyway and this is another weakness.
100_1353.jpg

100_1355.jpg

100_1354.jpg

100_1356.jpg

Not a saw but had clean them up anyway and this is another weakness.
100_1353.jpg

100_1355.jpg

100_1354.jpg

100_1356.jpg

Really dig the A5, Belgian made? I've got a Remington made Browning A5 from during WW2 and I love that old girl. Fit and finish isn't nearly as nice as the Belgians but it's not quite as common so it's a fair trade off I guess.

That's a nice looking 1897 as well, I'd love to have the riot version of one just can't get myself to part with the coin for one :msp_sad:

As far as on the workbench, I currently have a Poulan 2250, my 044 awaiting a carb rebuild and my 064 waiting for a 066BB kit to arive from Bailey's. There, now it's chainsaw related :wink2:

TRWTech it is a Belgin made 1953 year model all matching # Sweetsixteen.The 97 dosen't come out much anymore just to be cleaned she was made in 1904.Yesterday was open day for a youth turkey hund my boy used the 16 to take a 19lb Tom with a 9 1/2 beard he was a happy young fellow made old pop real proud.:msp_biggrin:

on the bench

McCullough weed whacker, needs carb kit, primer, and cleaning, home lite weed whacker, carb kit, primer, and cleaning. put back together a 024 av, that was twisted bad, luckily only needed intake tube and new av bushings, just have to get a new bar. rototiller got put on hold till the saw got done, should have been first cuz the garden needs planting!! damn cad! ohh and the mower, had to give the neighbor a little bit of wood and a case of beer just to knock it down, before it got to out of hand.

BB you gonna be able to reuse the cylinder?

not even a smudge of anything on the cylinder. all the damage was contained to the piston. not even the ring was stuck. already have a piston, just need a ring as the one in the box was already broken.:msp_angry: good thing i opened the box at the dealer.:dizzy:

tree fitty teven uskee
very dirty, needs oiler, piston and ring. over heated.

May also need a metal intake boot clamp. Early ones had a plastic clamp that evidently caused a few toasted top ends. Also check the decomp valve to see if its an "auto" version. Those leaked, too. And...., there were issues with the Walbro 199 carbs...

Other than that, great saw! (I have one on my bench, too.):msp_biggrin:

Poge

not even a smudge of anything on the cylinder. all the damage was contained to the piston. not even the ring was stuck. already have a piston, just need a ring as the one in the box was already broken.:msp_angry: good thing i opened the box at the dealer.:dizzy:

Good deal on the cylinder dad deal on the ring.I would like to find a 353 to go through someday.

May also need a metal intake boot clamp. Early ones had a plastic clamp that evidently caused a few toasted top ends. Also check the decomp valve to see if its an "auto" version. Those leaked, too. And...., there were issues with the Walbro 199 carbs...

Other than that, great saw! (I have one on my bench, too.):msp_biggrin:

Poge

the saw is as tight a nuns....:hmm3grin2orange: still blows a nice 150psi comp and no leaks anywhere. holds a nice steady 9psi and
10 in/merc. vac.. the comp is a manual. still runs excelent aswell.
the saw was just packed with dust and oil. so bad the pull start could have been left on without the bolts holding it. the flywheel was totally closed off from ever moving any air up to the cylinder:dizzy: don't look as though the airfilter was ever cleaned since 2002:msp_rolleyes:
the oiler has been leaking badly for about a year and this saw sits in the back of a truck bouncing around in all different possitions and it just poured oil all over itself. makes a nice glue to hold saw dust (notice i said saw dust:msp_biggrin:, he don't know how to file very goodly) in every crevis it can get into.
can't remeber if it has a plastic or metal clamp though........:)

A McCulloch MAC2827 line trimmer thats got me completely stumped. Rebuilt carb, replaced fuel lines & filter. Starts and idles but wont take any throttle....lean bog. I've progressively raised the metering lever 4 times to no avail. It will backfire while I try to feed it.....ignition? Yeah...I think so, but it aint worth anymore of my time. Hopefully by the end of the day I'll have my Lombard on the bench. Only thing I need to do to the Lombard is your basic fuel system overhaul and also need to split and re-seal the fuel tank. According to the previous owner the tank had a slight leak in the front of the saw. I can see where the fuel leak/seapage(sp) actually washed the fines from the magnesium case. I got it to "pop" and briefly run using a squirt can when I first got it home.....scared the scat outta me.......sob is LOUD:dizzy:

A McCulloch MAC2827 line trimmer thats got me completely stumped. Rebuilt carb, replaced fuel lines & filter. Starts and idles but wont take any throttle....lean bog. I've progressively raised the metering lever 4 times to no avail. It will backfire while I try to feed it.....ignition? Yeah...I think so, but it aint worth anymore of my time. Hopefully by the end of the day I'll have my Lombard on the bench. Only thing I need to do to the Lombard is your basic fuel system overhaul and also need to split and re-seal the fuel tank. According to the previous owner the tank had a slight leak in the front of the saw. I can see where the fuel leak/seapage(sp) actually washed the fines from the magnesium case. I got it to "pop" and briefly run using a squirt can when I first got it home.....scared the scat outta me.......sob is LOUD:dizzy:

I figure you checked it already on the mac my Dad had one that the muff got pluged up and it did the same thing opened it up ran like new.

those things were known for their faulty coils. and major airleaks everywhere.

Four completely gutted Echo trimmers from my junk stash, I had to scrounge for parts yesterday to get enough to make one run, turned out good and has 155psi compression which is great for trash pile parts on a day the dealer was closed. I also learned that all the tube shafts are not the same size but you can cut them to make spacers to allow a larger collar head mount to a narrow shaft, same thing needs to be done to make the Stihl Kombi attachments work on an Echo(don't ask)

also have a shindiawa 285s needing a few parts. guy was a little overzealous trying to tighten the bar:msp_rolleyes:
ylcmx.jpg

and he thunk that one cut with straight gas was a good idear. "didn't thing it was going to hurt anything" he says:msp_wink:
11jz18l.jpg

just wait 'till he gits me bill!:jester: thats whats going to really hurt.

Yesterday was open day for a youth turkey hund my boy used the 16 to take a 19lb Tom with a 9 1/2 beard he was a happy young fellow made old pop real proud.:msp_biggrin:

Now that's something to hang your hat on, congrats to you both :clap: That's something he'll remember forever, kudos to you for sharing a great sport with your son. It's not very often anymore that you hear something that actually makes you feel hopeful for future generations of this country, thank you for sharing. This actually made my day, happy Easter to you and your family

Now that's something to hang your hat on, congrats to you both :clap: That's something he'll remember forever, kudos to you for sharing a great sport with your son. It's not very often anymore that you hear something that actually makes you feel hopeful for future generations of this country, thank you for sharing. This actually made my day, happy Easter to you and your family

You are quite welcome my freind.It's in his Blood he love's to hunt and fish.And a happy Easter to you and your's.

and he thunk that one cut with straight gas was a good idear. "didn't thing it was going to hurt anything" he says:msp_wink:
11jz18l.jpg

just wait 'till he gits me bill!:jester: thats whats going to really hurt.

IMO....that doesn't look like running with out any oil....Looks like it 'ate' something. The alum isn't melted/smeared....it looks like the metal was displaced by something.

Any marks on top of the piston?

Was the air filter intact?

How about the muffler...could anything have gotten in/through it into the cylinder?

How about the crank bearings? Are they in good shape?

Latest posts

Back