What's on you're bench? 06/14/2013

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An early 036 non decomp and has the big exhaust opening, this thing sounds just
mean. Ran good after I got all of crap out of carb.

My early 034 has the large exhaust opening....along with another opening that sits underneath a 266 deflector :msp_thumbsup: Bout ready to put her back up on the bench though. After finding out that the FW key was the issue all along(long story....right Randy :)).......I need to pull her top AGAIN and delete the base gasket AGAIN. During the original assembly I had deleted the gasket and ended up with 0.023" squishy. The saw ran.....for about 20 sec and died. For the life of me I couldnt figure it out...I tried everything, even putting the gasket back in place figuring I had an airleak cause the Yamabond didnt do its job. Fast forward 3 months....I decided to pull the flywheel last week and found the key in 2 pcs. So now I have a GREAT running 034 with MM that can be improved upon by simply removing the base gasket. So let me ask you.....should I delete the gasket or just run it:msp_confused:.......yeah....thats what I figured!

Other than that I have two line trimmers. One is a McCulloch 2816 and the other is a YardMachines.
After new primer, fuel lines and carb rebuild, the Mac will only run FW side down.....:msp_confused:
The YardMachines......I cant figure this thing out. Fuel lines are good, primer is good, carb was disassembled and checked. Diaphragms are nice and supple. It has a Walbro single jet carb with a "D" jet. I cut the cove around the jet area, and put a slot in the D for screwdriver adjustment.
No matter how much fuel I give it or how little fuel I give it....not even a pop. Yes.....I have nice clean blue spark. Machine is fairly new.....exhaust isnt gummed....I dont know.
These 2 trimmers arent worth the space theyre taking up in my garage :msp_mad:

My early 034 has the large exhaust opening....along with another opening that sits underneath a 266 deflector :msp_thumbsup: Bout ready to put her back up on the bench though. After finding out that the FW key was the issue all along(long story....right Randy :)).......I need to pull her top AGAIN and delete the base gasket AGAIN. During the original assembly I had deleted the gasket and ended up with 0.023" squishy. The saw ran.....for about 20 sec and died. For the life of me I couldnt figure it out...I tried everything, even putting the gasket back in place figuring I had an airleak cause the Yamabond didnt do its job. Fast forward 3 months....I decided to pull the flywheel last week and found the key in 2 pcs. So now I have a GREAT running 034 with MM that can be improved upon by simply removing the base gasket. So let me ask you.....should I delete the gasket or just run it:msp_confused:.......yeah....thats what I figured!

Other than that I have two line trimmers. One is a McCulloch 2816 and the other is a YardMachines.
After new primer, fuel lines and carb rebuild, the Mac will only run FW side down.....:msp_confused:
The YardMachines......I cant figure this thing out. Fuel lines are good, primer is good, carb was disassembled and checked. Diaphragms are nice and supple. It has a Walbro single jet carb with a "D" jet. I cut the cove around the jet area, and put a slot in the D for screwdriver adjustment.
No matter how much fuel I give it or how little fuel I give it....not even a pop. Yes.....I have nice clean blue spark. Machine is fairly new.....exhaust isnt gummed....I dont know.
These 2 trimmers arent worth the space theyre taking up in my garage :msp_mad:

Just run the 034. :D

MS261. Saw was missing parts and had some scoring. Saw is cleaned, cylinder is cleaned. Just waiting for clutch to arrive and new piston. I hate waiting for parts....

attachment.php

On deck, a 028 Super. Runs perfect and p&c look excellent. Just needs a cleaning and tune up.

:rock:

attachment.php

attachment.php

I have 3 that I'm tinkering with. The 1050 is my milling saw and I'm trying to fab up an external air filter on it something like an XL98 concrete saw has. The XL 923 needs a fuel filter. It was given to me because "it wouldn't keep running". I started it up and it ran great. Then I stuck it on the mill, it ran fine for a minute or 2 then ran out of gas, with half a tank. Put it away. Then I cut down a big Oak for my BIL and it ran fine, till I went to notch the second tree. When I turned it on the side it ran out of gas again, with half a tank. Put it away. Looked in the tank the other day and the fuel line was stuck up in the corner so when it was turned on it's side the line was out of the fuel. Easy fix. Last is an Echo 650 EVL. My hot water heater croaked so I took it to the scrap yard with 2 truck rotors. They gave me $12.50 for the scrap and I gave him $10 back for the EVL. It felt like it had good compression. but with a shot of mix in the carb it wouldn't even pop. Had good spark. Pulled the muffler and piston is scored pretty bad and the ring looks like it's stuck inside of the grove. Guess It needs at least a piston and ring, Joe.

i dont have any photos but i have had my 032av torn appart, cleaned up and the carb overhauled. has not run in a few years so i hope to get it running next week. just been sitting in the garage with out running for 2 years or more. :dizzy:

Two 066 Mags and one 038 Mag II that all need bearings, rings, seals, fuel lines and carb kits. I've neglected them for too long. Poor things haven't been started in months.

Stihl ms441, waiting on rear handle parts, completed a MM and pulled the limiters, just waiting on parts.......still waiting..............:bang:

waiting for a chain for my 152 sachs and have a 394 completely apart for rebuild but might try to get dome cases as narrow bridge above flywheel is broken and on clutch side case cracked at oil pump adjustment area. Saw ran decent but needs some attention!

sap can

Oddly enough all my saws are currently put together. But I've got a stihl fs80r on theb ench,waiting on a couple odds and ends, and threw a solid shaft in it making is a match to the fs85 I've already got.

Carb off a Kohler Magnum 18S.Repower on my 782 Cub Cadet.Me thinks the 87 octane ethanol I ran by mistake instead of the usual Sunoco 93 might be the culprit.$41.00 tax included for the kit.

Back