whats the average price for a dolmar 9010

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I paid $450.00 on a buy-it-now for a beautiful one a while back, but now one in the same shape is for sale on the bay asking $1,000.00. Now I think I got a huge bargain for mine cuz this i dolmar's 066/660 fighter after all, but I think a grand is a little too close to the price of new for a used saw. Just my two cents.

i was wondering cause i got the chance yesterday to get one for 400-500 now to just find a way to get the money

There was a guy selling the Makita versions new a while back on ebay. I cant remember what they were selling for, but were a real bargain.

Hoss, I think I saw that one on ebay before you snagged it. I thought it looked like a nice saw, and figured it wouldnt last long on there.

I have one that I am waiting on a throttle cable from Edge and Engine. When it comes in and I get it repaired it will be for sale. Tom

I seem to recall that Baileys had them on closeout a year or two ago at a great price. Wish I had bought one then.

I recently traded my 361 for a 1 year old 9010 and gave $250 to boot, through a Stihl dealer.
The 9010 was $650 and I got $400 for the 361.

Last edited:
I got mine for $250.00 a couple of years ago. Secondhand 9010's here you can't give away. Same with the Makita equivilent. I like mine alot.

P4140767-1.jpg

Al.

The problem is that PS-9010s are getting difficult to find. I have bought two in the last month. Here are two data points for you. I bought a used one that had a new 32 bar and chain and a new gas tank and was tuned by a really good chain saw mechanic who knew was he was doing. It has a few nicks on it and the muffler has a little rust on it but it runs great. I sawed through a 36 inch newly fallen red oak that was dripping wet and it went through it with easily, not bogging at all and I was trying to push the saw hard. These are powerful saws and can drive a 32 inch bar with no problems. It is not a light saw so you have to be in good shape to handle it.
I paid $600 including a six pack of dolmar oil and an extra chain.

I like it so much I looked to buy a new one. So i bought the last remaining new one in my state at a dealer for $950 including 32 inch bar, a hat and two chains.

I can tell you the used one runs better than the new one because it is broken in. These are heavy saws with little emission controls and they will do the job for me next year when i get into some bigger wood.

I am using both of them tomorrow to help cleanup the tornado that hit just down the road from me last week. I will report back with pictures.

Good luck finding one as there are few left and the dealers report that they have not been able to order them for a long time.

I got mine for $250.00 a couple of years ago. Secondhand 9010's here you can't give away. Same with the Makita equivilent. I like mine alot.

Al.

Bargain !

I wouldn't mind having a crack at one as my u100cc race saw just to see how it'd go against the 660's and 395's, although it is giving away a couple of cc's.

Rick, I have a 395, a 394 and a 660 and they all run harder in stock form than the 9010. The Dolmar is torquey but does not have the same rev range. Maybe with a port job you could massage some more out of it. Have you thought about a P100 Partner? They are a seriously fast saw.

Al.

Latest posts

Back