What's the best backpack blower on the market?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's the best BP blower on the market today?

• Shindaiwa EB802

Votes: 28 22.2%
  • Redmax EBZ8050/EBZ8001

Votes: 53 42.1%
  • Echo PB-770

Votes: 45 35.7%

• Total voters
Brad, how old is your Dad's 600? They had some updates to the more recent units I believe. My Dealer claims they have almost no problems with the 600 unless it is a fuel or mix issue as the valves need full synthetic and somecustomers are still using dino oil which don't keep the valves clean enough.

Brad, how old is your Dad's 600? They had some updates to the more recent units I believe. My Dealer claims they have almost no problems with the 600 unless it is a fuel or mix issue as the valves need full synthetic and somecustomers are still using dino oil which don't keep the valves clean enough.
His is one of the newer ones, with the latest changes. I believe theses newer models have the Magnum label on them. Before those changes, they were very prone to dropping valves. I rebuilt several of those.

I do not know if its true as I haven't tried to use one, but I was told that the Redmax are suited towards shorter statured users. The ergonomics of it was the expanation given. I am happy with my BR600 and the Shinny would still be my second choice. Then again, I am not a pro user.

I keep an eye out, nothing new the past few years that I can find. The local crews are liking the Echo 770 quite a lot. Not nearly as powerful as my Shin though. Which BTW is still running flawlessly. They switched over from the BR600 and they don't miss them one bit.

Really like the BR600 and the big Husky 580. Zero problems.

Both are best in certain materials and conditions.

Stihl is supposed to up the ante sometime.
770 Echo I did not care for the torque steer with that unit, otherwise typical Echo quality.

Really like the BR600 and the big Husky 580. Zero problems.

Both are best in certain materials and conditiins.

Stihl is supposed to up the ante sometime.
770 Echo I did not care for the torque steer with that unit, otherwise typical Echo quality.

They were still having problems with valves on the br600. Now we're talking high hour equipment, think 12+ hours days, 6 days a week. They replace all their equipment every two years maximum. Mowers, trimmers and so on.

I don't see a br400 with a bad case of piston slap in the pole....is there a way you could modify the pole mr. blsnelling so I can participate? :)

I'm still happy with the value/performance aspect of my decision to go with the BR600 even tho I woulda preferred the Shin if the price point (and a dealer) were closer.

I got a hell of a deal out the door from one of the area Stihl dealers that I just couldn't refuse.

"Best" is relative and isn't always the most affordable, practical, or necessary, but I can't see myself spending money on anything less capable than the BR600 or the Shin..., but I'm not a commercial user that would wear out either one, so again, it's a relative and subjective issue/choice in any case and will probably last me as long as I can still strap it on.

The BR600 is proven despite the design and ya see em everywhere for a reason. I see lots of Echos used by the crews in my area as well. Don't see crews using Shin or Husky blowers up this way (North Central Ohio) much at all.

There is zero Husqvarna, shin, or Redmax support in this area. I've seen a few Redmax blowers here and there, but that's it. Echo is gaining popularity, they are more reliable and less expensive than Stihl's current blower and trimmer offerings. The local Stihl dealers are also so backed up it takes months to get anything repaired. This is coming straight from the local crews, so take it for what it is. Stihl has really changed it's focus to the consumer market, and disposable products IMHO. That's where the real money is anyway. Husqvarna seems to be going down the same path.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

I would LOVE to see Stihl replace the BR600 with a new 2-stroke unit, utilizing the 1-in-4 technology found in the MS461 & MS661.
I heard a couple of years ago that they were looking to replace the 4-Mix engines. I have yet to see much evidence of that. I did just replace my KM110 Kombi head with a KM94. I guess that's a small step in the right direction.

One good thing...... well can good is that they replacrd the fs250 with the strato fs240.but it was a step away from the 4 mix

NJ landscapers are 90% Redmax. 9% Stihl. 1% Echo. For what it's worth.

NJ landscapers are 90% Redmax. 9% Stihl. 1% Echo. For what it's worth.

Totally believable, if you have good support, most companies will buy whatever brand that dealer has.

The br600 is a very comfortable blower to use, maybe the most comfortable. The overall construction isn't on par with the quality of their pro saws IMHO.

Latest posts

Back