Whats the best Bar and Chain set-up to put on my 298XP??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brad2185

Brad2185

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Hey fellas, thanks to all your help locating the parts I need for my husky, Im finally at the step of what B&C to put on it? I know I want either a 32 or 36 inch roller tip bar....just dont know what make to go with? I have heard many good things about running a Stihl bar w/ adapter plate. Just curious of other aftermarket manufactures have a nice quality bar. Any help or guidance would be appreicated...and OF COURSE PICS WILL TOO! Pics are fun...:biggrin:

paccity

paccity

Addicted to ArboristSite
some folks have a prob with the oregon pwr match bars , i don't, good bar for the money. the stihl e/s bar's i'll use if my local shop gives me a good deal on them. the pwr match you can't beat for 80 bucks for 36"s . i do have a 60" cannon ,but that only get's broke out once in a while.

Brad2185

Brad2185

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
mdavlee

mdavlee

Tree Freak
It's the lightweight version. It has plastic inserts. I've had several of the regular versions of tsumura. I couldn't get the picture to embed right for some reason.