What's the Best Way to Advertise?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Best Advertising Poll

• Yellow Pages

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Newspaper

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • TV (you're doing well if you've tried this!)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Radio

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Word of Mouth

Votes: 29 74.4%
  • Direct Mail

• Flyers

• Total voters
Business Card Advertising

Here's a little idea of mine that's worked for me a few times.
When riding by a home in an upscale neighborhood (with lots of trees) I look for tree problems...you know, things like dead branches, loads of grapevine or wisteria in a tree, buried root flares, etc.
Then, I hand-write a little tip on the back of my business card and leave it at their front door. Here are some examples:

"TIP - Make sure that the root flares on your trees are visible. If they are buried, the tree is basically choking. It can take 3-4 years for the damage to show from this. - Your friend, Will Allen"

OR

"TIP - Vines can eventually lead to a tree's decline. They hold down the new, succulent growth, causing excessive crossing of branches, and ultimately halting the growth of new foliage. - Your friend, Will Allen"

I always make sure to write "your friend" at the end so as not to sound too arrogant or rude.

Take it for what it's worth but it earned me a few jobs when there seemed to be none around.

- Will
I really like the business card idea,think I will start employing it,thanks

Latest posts

Back