Whats the first NEW chainsaw you ever purchased?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stihl 044 with a 18" bar in 1993 for something like $710 dollars. To complement my dad's Homelite Super 2 VI and Homelite 550.
Jonathan

046 magnum ive still got it,got it cheap as the lip in front of the oil filler was broken during transport.

It was in fact the MS361, as it is the only saw I have ever bought myself.
My little Partner 351 (rebaged Poulan 2150, I think) and Husky 353 were gifts from my wife :angel: (new saws), and the others were used saws that was given to me by my father in law (the 621) and other people.

Never did have a "new" saw. Being in a family of loggers helped keep enuff Stihl's runnin' around for awhile.

Back when we were able to get into St. Regis Timber Co.'s land to cut firewood out of the slash piles (late 70's, early 80's), I would use dad's old Homelite with an 18" bar. I believe it was a EZ 250 (I believe dad still has it)?? It was the first saw that I maintained by myself, and learned to sharpen a chain on. I started runnin' that saw when I was 8. I put a new piston and ring in it when I was 13, and was dang proud of myself. Then when I was older (around 16), I started runnin' gramps 076 for the BIG stuff. That freakin' saw was a monster!!! I wish I had it now. But when gramps died it went to my uncle who still uses it to this day. So not really new, but they were what I learned with.

Gary

When I was thirteen or fourteen --too long ago for me to remember-- my dad handed me an XL-12 and put me to work cutting pulpwood. The first saw I paid for was a Homelite 330. That saw kept my family warm for years, right up to the day it got stolen.

Yesterday, while cutting Pinon with my 7900 I wished I could somehow go back in time and hand it to my dad, just to see the smile on his face when he set it into the first cut. It would rival the joy I had the first time I revved up that XL-12.

Jonsered 670 Champ in the early 90s. Pretty sure it used the same jug and piston as the newer 272. Seem's like I paid close to $ 600.00 back then. This has been one of my better investments.

My first two saws of my own were purchased new; an 045 Super, and an Echo 302S climb saw, circa 1980

Allis Chalmers (Poulan 25) climbing saw. To go with my big XL-12 when I started my business in 72. Also 041 Stihl later that year.

Jonsered 2050 in mid-90's to clean up after hurricane. It saw little use until I moved out West and starting cutting firewood every year. It's been a good saw.

Back