Whats the most interesting thing you've found in a tree? (w/ pics)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timothykamp

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I was cutting down 4 big maples a few months ago...and sliced into a hollow tree. When it hit the ground, a grayish black streak came flying out of it like a bat out of hell.

Two trees later, the tree hit the ground and started crying. More like shrieking...but nevertheless it wasn't pretty. Here's what I found.

IMG_0471.JPG

one of the hollow trees.
IMG_0472.JPG

IMG_0485.JPG

all dropped.
IMG_0479.JPG

IMG_0483.JPG

and a movie -
http://timothykamp.com/arborist/MVI_0481.AVI

**NOTE - It will prompt you to download or open - you can click open. No viruses, I promise.**

When I was a kid my father brought home a baby raccoon. He was definitely the coolest pet we ever had. Loved Hi-Ho crackers...... hated Ritz. :dizzy:

I was cutting down 4 big maples a few months ago...and sliced into a hollow tree. When it hit the ground, a grayish black streak came flying out of it like a bat out of hell.

Two trees later, the tree hit the ground and started crying. More like shrieking...but nevertheless it wasn't pretty. Here's what I found.

IMG_0483.JPG

Rascal! I read that book so long ago it seems

I'd let little guys like that go, the way I figure it " If they're not hurting me, I wont hurt them" of course it's humans that are hurting one another more than animals.

They eat crops chickens and piss me off.

Rvalue, right on!!

Racoons rank right up there with range maggots aka deer

Tom, was she a keeper...or too small?

Last edited:
Back