Whats the strangest thing you have ever cut/seen cut with a chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here on the farm we cut round bales in half a lot. we also use an old 036 with a junk chain to cut tires in half for the silage bunk. i have cut ice holes alot for the fire dept.

Not really weird, but when pallets and crates get a little piled up at the shop and no one feels like busting them up, I've been known to throw a junk chain on and let fly on them. Knocking them down with a crowbar and hammer takes over an hour. Chainsaw, job's done in 15 minutes.

Womens nylons are the worst! The stuff melts and fuses in an instant. Actually a full disposable diaper is even worse but for a different reason.

A sure fire time to cut with the top of the blade!

Cut some round bales down to size one year when we ran out of small squares. The more shot the chain is in this application, the better. Lots of clutch area cleaning involved too. It wasn't fun to say the least, but cows gotta eat.

Ever think of just rolling some off the bale??:monkey:

I've cut into several wasp nests in hollow logs while bucking, luckily each time it was either cold and they were moving slow, or they were gone. One hive ran about four feet long within a log. Glad it was about 30 and not 70 degrees out that day.

bloody squirrel

Years ago, I was cutting up a big oak tree trunk into firewood size chunks. It had a small hollow section in the center. About halfway down the trunk and about halfway into a cut, the sawdust turned a bright red color. I'm used to sawdust/chip color changing but never to this red color. Then it changed back to normal as I finished. When I rolled the cut chunk out of the way, I found that I had cut a squirrel in half. It had crawled up the hollow section of trunk as far as it could go, trying to get away from my machine, and had the bad luck to end up under my saw. I didn't feel too good about it.

here on the farm we cut round bales in half a lot. we also use an old 036 with a junk chain to cut tires in half for the silage bunk. i have cut ice holes alot for the fire dept.

LOL, we use round bales all the time, never thought about cutting it up with a chainsaw...sounds like a waste of a chainsaw with all the dust youll be sucking in. How many times per bale do you need to check the air filter? :dizzy:

Last edited:
european hornets

I've cut into several wasp nests in hollow logs while bucking, luckily each time it was either cold and they were moving slow, or they were gone. One hive ran about four feet long within a log. Glad it was about 30 and not 70 degrees out that day.

One of the scariest of these critters that like to make nests inside hollow trees is the European hornet, they've come to the USA in shipping containers and look like gigantic yellow jackets. If you encounter them, you'll remember it. There's not a lot of them in a nest, but their stings pack a hell of a punch. They make a lot of noise when they buzz, just hearing 'em rev up their engines will get your attention.

The best I can do is I took the poulan, "the beater" and we had a John Deere H that had the tires stuck to the rim, after prying, driving the tire over with a tractor, tempers flared and we cut the old girl off the rim, both tires. It stunk and burned but it's sure worked!!!:cheers:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OVtWqYKUCFg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OVtWqYKUCFg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I cut the floor out of my mother-in-law's bathroom last week.

WITH A MUFFLER MODDED 390!!!!! I thought the noise was going to bring the house down....Everyone in the house came running to see what I was doing with the saw in the house, until I got a crazy look on my face and revved it.....then stuck it through the floor......:greenchainsaw:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OVtWqYKUCFg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OVtWqYKUCFg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

that trick started out so very amature-ish.
but i'll de damned, it turned out pretty cool!
:clap:

Update...

This is how they cut watermelon in Russia.They might want to read up on that $100 ЯҰOБI that's been generating some buzz.

watermelon.jpg

The dude on the left,,they call him stubby now...Wonder why??? LOL!!

Back