What's the strangest thing you've cut or done with a Chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had some issues with burning poorly seasoned wood in my wood stove.Solution-cut up a dirt sprint car tire.No metal except the bead.I cut it into small chunks(4"x4").I threw one square into the air tight stove.Presto.About the time things started perculating in the stove my father walked into my house and asks,"what the hell is that smell coming out of your chimney?":msp_confused::taped::msp_smile:The old "indoor Christmas tree shortening trick" always put a reverse smile on the brides face.I used the top of the bar and "tried"to use a shopping bag to catch the sawdust.

Cut up a Hobie-cat when the battery powered saw-zall kept dieing. Also have cut up rolls of old carpet to get them to a manageable size for disposal. Both of those adventures were rough on the chain....

I've trenched with them.

Cut up an old fiberglass boat.

Quarter tires to put in the trash.

Cut down all the grasses before Spring.

Made holes in hard water.

Power a scary skateboard.

Built me a bench!

166819d1293989146-sam_0063-copy-jpg

Where I live there are 4 stumps, 2 Cedar 2 Fir, over 2ft. dia. in front of my little shack, close to the road. I cut them off flat then used my little top handle saw to hollow them out for planters.
:msp_biggrin: i did that too!!

Cut down a hollow tree that a large colony set up residence in. They weren't happy about me evicting them either.

Tried my hand at carving a Mushroom out of a stump. Nobody thought was a Mushroom as they thought it was "something" else.

All my saws seem to do lately is solicit a big eye roll and a whole lot of complaining from any female that sees how many of them I have.

All my saws seem to do lately is solicit a big eye roll and a whole lot of complaining from any female that sees how many of them I have.

That's why the keys to our house and the keys to the detached garage are different. No need for Kari to go into my man cave. If she did..... Im sure I would be a canidate for an Intervention. I dont have "duplicates" of everything.... I have "multiples".:rock:

Strangest thing I ever cut was the top of my big toe on my right foot when the log rolled.:msp_scared: Everytime the weather changes to cold/ rainy it aches. (who needs the weather channel?):msp_biggrin:

Cut a 16 p nail the LONG way with an 046. The entire nail. The chisel-tooth skip chain was no longer sharp. I developed a feel for what metal feels like after that... In my defense, it was an old yard oak that had to come down to stump height, and the metal (most of it) was completely buried and hidden. I think in the future, I would just leave it and suggest to the HO to have it yanked out with an excavator! Dulled three 32 in. chains.

Nothin terrible yet for me. Some rail road ties were pretty rough cutting though. I watched a guy try to cut a round bale of hay with an old large Stihl. He stopped quickly when she rapped tight with long strands of hay in the clutch cover. I just wanted to :buttkick: him.

Nothin terrible yet for me. Some rail road ties were pretty rough cutting though. I watched a guy try to cut a round bale of hay with an old large Stihl. He stopped quickly when she rapped tight with long strands of hay in the clutch cover. I just wanted to :buttkick: him.

I saw that same thing on "Moonshiner's" on Discovery. Tim hollered out a round bale to store several gallon jugs of moonshine in.

I have a wildthing with low kickback on it and used it to remove the tires on an old wagon. Cut right around the sidewall and used a cutoff tool for the bead.... Worked like a charm. I dont have a tire machine so I did what I had to to get the job done!:msp_wink:

I saw that same thing on "Moonshiner's" on Discovery. Tim hollered out a round bale to store several gallon jugs of moonshine in.

Yup saw the same thing but it looked like it was going better for Tim than the fella I seen.

Stairs for a log home, plug outlet and light switch opening, fiberglass boat itchey itchey itchey, lotsa holes in ice for water for the cabin, Saw also rides on my dirt bike for trail maintenance, Bike looks funny flying through the air with a chain saw on the front of it. CJ

Back