what's the weirdest thing you have used a chainsaw for ....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A friend of mine use a old crappy john dear to trim part of his knee cap . He seemed more upset about his new pants

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friend's I grew up with used a electric chainsaw filled with canola oil to assist in butchering cattle:chainsaw::barbecue:

Cutting rafters to remove a roof in one pieces. Used an ax to chop a line around the roof, (1x6's spaced for wood shingles.) Pried off the last two 1x6's. Cut two holes on each side. Hired a crane and hooked it up through the holes with 4x4's and chain. Lifted the roof off.

Doug in SW IA

My gas gauge in my 95 Chevy is funny sometimes. Long story short, I ran out of gas about a mile out from the gas station. I had dads 55 rancher and my ms261 both had roughly 3/4 tank full of mix. Made a funnel out of an empty pop bottle blew my mind that little bit actually sputtered me to the pump. 350 small block does not like 40:1...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scrap metal. Years ago a company I was working for had a whole pile of dead Macs, Homelites, Pioneers, and Partners out behind the rigging shop. Mostly big saws.
The saw boss got tired of looking at them and we hauled them to the dump. Made a whole pickup load and we got ten dollars for the bunch.

You old-time saw collectors may now have a collective primal scream. :laugh:

Cutting ventilation holes in a roof with a lovely fire rolling underneath. Not terribly safe and the reason that most FD's don't do vertical ventilation much anymore unless absolutely required.

Scrap metal. Years ago a company I was working for had a whole pile of dead Macs, Homelites, Pioneers, and Partners out behind the rigging shop. Mostly big saws.
The saw boss got tired of looking at them and we hauled them to the dump. Made a whole pickup load and we got ten dollars for the bunch.

You old-time saw collectors may now have a collective primal scream. :laugh:
That was....just......just.......wrong.:cry:

Back