Whats this chipper worth?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1CallLandscape

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
ok , im gonna be buying a friends chipper and he and i are tring to come up with a fair price.... i really could use some feedback on this! im a part time fabricator too so any reapirs ill be doing myself...just to keep that sense in mind.

1989 Morbark 12" ,dual feed rollers, disc, 2 extra sets of knives , cummins power,all service recipts since purchase, was a town owned machine until2004 and my friend bought it, needs paint and fenders, a very solid machine and he was working it every day up till winter hit... sorry no pictures until saturday.... he was asking 5,000$ as a price, is this fair???? im pretty sure its a model 20

sounds about right. I recently sold a '93 bandit 200+ with new paint for $8k. I would think one that is mechanically sound but needs paint should be worth $5-6k. If it was a stranger, I'd haggle to $4k. If he's a friend, I think his price of $5k is fair.

thanks for the input, anybody else...i think im gonna buy it and give him the
5k for it since all the extra parts / filters/ hoses etc total probably about 900 so its like im paying 4k for the machine, plus the tank is full of diesel and the hydraulic oil was just changed last fall!

i bought it!

well i managed to buy yet another piece of equipment, he wanted 5k for it so i offered 4500 and we settled on 4800$ ill post some pics when i get it home nextweek, its enclosed with lots of wood around it plust the snow is a royal PITA

Sounds like no a real close friend.

For that machine, if he was my friend, I think I would've given him the 5 k and 1-2 k in credit fabraction or something.
Sounds like you stole the machine.

For that machine, if he was my friend, I think I would've given him the 5 k and 1-2 k in credit fabraction or something.
Sounds like you stole the machine.

hes cool with it, he just bought an intimidator so this is just taking up space for hi, plus i help him out alot working on his machines.....4800 is only 200 less so its not a big drop. he only paid 3k for it so hes profiting from the deal anyways

oh, and friend or not how could you refuse to haggle with some one about paying for a used machine, especially if it means saving some loot for you. that extra 200 is just about enough to pay sales tax on it. if he was really firm in his price he wouldnt have budged anyways....just my way of looking at it

oh, and friend or not how could you refuse to haggle with some one about paying for a used machine, especially if it means saving some loot for you. that extra 200 is just about enough to pay sales tax on it. if he was really firm in his price he wouldnt have budged anyways....just my way of looking at it

Agreed. Just because someone is my friend, doesn't mean I want to just hand him an extra $200 just for the heck of it.

well, i did my first job with it today and despite my concerns about it , everything works just as it should !!! it will be getting a new paint job next week when i can spend some time in the shop to sandblast it and do some tlc things to it, im putting all new hydraulic hoses on it now too, most of them were really dry rotted but no leaks. i couldnt be happier!:greenchainsaw::clap:

Latest posts

Back