whats wrong in this pic?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rftreeman

Rftreeman

Addicted to ArboristSite
no brain protector, tied in around the limb and not the main body of the tree, no glasses and hopefuly he is not leaving it like that or I could add stub cuts.

did I get it all?

sharkfin12us

sharkfin12us

ArboristSite Operative
picture

whats wrong here? list everything you see.

i see where he is tied in is not good weak crotch attachment.I would have went down one level to where its fatter.Tulip is weak tree thats what i saw.opps i might be wrong i think its an ash

Last edited:
(WLL)

(WLL)

Addicted to ArboristSite
i see where he is tied in is not good weak crotch attachment.I would have went down one level to where its fatter.Tulip is weak tree thats what i saw.opps i might be wrong i think its an ash
work on them tree id's shark. you will need it for the test. tree is an ash.

clearance

clearance

Addicted to ArboristSite
Improper overhead TIP, no helmet, glasses or chainsaw protective pants....

But it looks like he's got a STIHL , So he should be alright. :cheers:

Chainsaw pants in a tree, uhhh, whatever. On the ground for sure, in a tree, no. Now for a funny question, how do you start a saw in the tree, is it
A) on the ground?
or is it
B) the rear handle between your legs deal?
I always wondered this, because drop starting a saw is such a no no (alledgedly).

OLD CHIPMONK

OLD CHIPMONK

ArboristSite Guru
What is he wearing , tree saddle or rock climbing gear ? Look at the rope hook-up to saddle ! No helmet , glasses, chaps - over done liontailing. More than 50% crown reduction, at least he gets points for smiling. Where's the crane ? Help I climbed up & I can't get down. You promised me a raise & I'm not going to finish. Show me the money. What is right with this picture ? I do wear bi-focals so forgive me !:monkey:

reachtreeservi

reachtreeservi

Addicted to ArboristSite
Chainsaw pants in a tree, uhhh, whatever. On the ground for sure, in a tree, no. Now for a funny question, how do you start a saw in the tree, is it
A) on the ground?
or is it
B) the rear handle between your legs deal?
I always wondered this, because drop starting a saw is such a no no (alledgedly).

Why would you not wear SIP 5.1 chainsaw protective pants in the tree ?
They are designed for climbing arborist. They are item no. 30570 in the sherril catalog

They are as comfotable as jeans and wear like iron.

Last edited:
clearance

clearance

Addicted to ArboristSite
TimberMcPherson

TimberMcPherson

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Link wouldn't work for me. I wear fallers pants that I cut the suspender buttons off and use a belt. This is because I use a saw on the ground as well. I just wear jeans if I am just climbing, never have cut my leg in a tree. If you get cut in tree it will be your hands, arms, face type of thing.

Not nessesarily true, I have had one climber cut into his chainsaw pants and know of at least 1 other guy who has done the same while in the tree. Funnily enough they were both canadians.

Here they are compulsory in the tree or on the ground. I have never cut my leg with a saw either, but then if we waited to get hurt before we used the right safety gear, we probably wouldnt live long.