What's your favorite thing about GTG's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

moody

I enjoyed talking with people trying new saws and the food. I found it to be the most enjoyable social function I've ever attended. It was my first gtg last fall in Iowa and I was nervous. I was new to the area and didn't have any friends in the area. When I showed up everyone made me feel comfortable. It was amazing to have people basically hand you a saw and say try this. The food was great the build off race was fun. The only complaint I have is that there's not one every month.:rock:

I enjoyed talking with people trying new saws and the food. I found it to be the most enjoyable social function I've ever attended. It was my first gtg last fall in Iowa and I was nervous. I was new to the area and didn't have any friends in the area. When I showed up everyone made me feel comfortable. It was amazing to have people basically hand you a saw and say try this. The food was great the build off race was fun. The only complaint I have is that there's not one every month.:rock:

Yeap! You pretty much nailed it!

On thing that I like is to find out that there are guys out there that are more nuts about this stuff than me! :hmm3grin2orange:

Yeap! You pretty much nailed it!

On thing that I like is to find out that there are guys out there that are more nuts about this stuff than me! :hmm3grin2orange:

I think it's awesome to see folk's with passion for saw's. We fight and argue on here about stuff but it's because we're all passionate about it. Whether we're weekend hobby guy's, logger's, dealer or a builder. At the gtg we put it all together and enjoy the fruits of our labor. It's also nice to see our hobby give back to people who are less fortunate or having a rough go of things. The raffle we did last fall was a great thing winner gets a saw and the runner up got to pick where the raffle money was donated to. You'd be hard up to find a better group to be a part of.

Yes I met "Gypo" at "Jokes" GTG in NY back in the 90's Still had snow on the ground but the burgers were fantastic. I actually felt at home.Great friendly people safety minded.This was my only GTG but will make an attempt net time one comes around.Ken

Video has no audio for first 30 seconds Saw DAy - YouTube

Getting away from my normal everyday life, Meeting new people with
the same interest. Running others saws and sharing mine as well.
Learning new things and of coarse, Showing off my big saws. It's all fun.

Lee

Yes I met "Gypo" at "Jokes" GTG in NY back in the 90's Still had snow on the ground but the burgers were fantastic. I actually felt at home.Great friendly people safety minded.This was my only GTG but will make an attempt net time one comes around.Ken

Great video. Really enjoyed that. Do you remember what that build of race consisted of?

its always fun at them,, i have been to several and the food is always good,,, its better then a family reunion,, the only thing i hate about it is when wendel bends over to pick something up and he shows off his plumbers crack,, and then you have the big fights over the last piece of pie,, usually us younger guys under 65 will always let mastermind win so he does cry like a big baby,, now thats a sight seeing him curled up in the corner sobbing like a 2 year old because someone got the last piece:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

its always fun at them,, i have been to several and the food is always good,,, its better then a family reunion,, the only thing i hate about it is when wendel bends over to pick something up and he shows off his plumbers crack,, and then you have the big fights over the last piece of pie,, usually us younger guys under 65 will always let mastermind win so he does cry like a big baby,, now thats a sight seeing him curled up in the corner sobbing like a 2 year old because someone got the last piece:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I cant eat pie so he can have my piece lol

They are fun, and I can see how so many people can become "addicted" to them, but from a personal viewpoint, if you've been to one, you've been to all. The reason I say this is because I enjoy getting out in the woods and cutting with my junk, as opposed to cutting "cookies" in a crowd. But that's just me....:hmm3grin2orange:

Great, I just saw myself 30lbs lighter in that video. That was a good time.

Lots of fun stuff at the GTG's .

Most favorite part is sitting aroung the fire afterwards just telling stories and laughing. Even singing a few songs with Stumpy and Mike.

Head to head racing is a blast too!

Running Bobs (spike60) nice collection of saws. I cut fire wood with mine so there not too impressive, but Bob has a few saws that have been "tweaked" so there Mucho Fun, specerpaving has this one 660 that has red plastics instead of orange, watch out for that saw:msp_w00t: lots of fun.

Wait, what????:dizzy:

My Aunt made an amazing Apple Pie. I told her a couple years ago I was going on strike from pie until she bake me one. She made one for me on Thanksgiving and I missed it because I had to work. She died in a car accident two weeks later. I never got the pie so I'll keep my promise to her.

My Aunt made an amazing Apple Pie. I told her a couple years ago I was going on strike from pie until she bake me one. She made one for me on Thanksgiving and I missed it because I had to work. She died in a car accident two weeks later. I never got the pie so I'll keep my promise to her.

Sorry to hear that. I doubt she would be upset if you didn't.

Latest posts

Back