When is enough is enough

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

husqvarmit

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a 266xp that is a great saw, one of the best saws that I have ever run. The saw is an '84 model. Lately I has been a pain in my A%$. If it's not one thing it is another, saw is falling apart. Is it time to get rid of this thing and find another or WHAT. When is it time to give up on a good classic

I have a 266xp that is a great saw, one of the best saws that I have ever run. The saw is an '84 model. Lately I has been a pain in my A%$. If it's not one thing it is another, saw is falling apart. Is it time to get rid of this thing and find another or WHAT. When is it time to give up on a good classic

Bud, you obviously need more chainsaws. One, even a classic, is never enough. I think 9 is just about the perfect number, but I could be shooting too low.

A classic will never die but multiply...CAD

Sounds like your just tired of her and want to get a new piece.

All kidding aside, when you are done with it and want a new model, accidentally bust it (smashed somehow - tree, skidder, etc.) or seize the cylinder beyond repair.

This is one of a bunch of saws I have an arson, but I like this one a lot mod 272 top with intake duel port muff.. not a top end saw but now matter how far I pull on the saw I cant stop the chain

Is it time to get rid of this thing and find another

Hell no, keep it and look for another saw - just retire it and maybe freshen it up if you get time, maybe a 365/372 or 440/460 would be good.

cant get rid of this one. It's my baby. Lasted 12 years without a hitch since I got it. I've got tons of saw this is the one

This is one of a bunch of saws I have an <b>arson</b>, but I like this one a lot mod 272 top with intake duel port muff.. not a top end saw but now matter how far I pull on the saw I cant stop the chain

Don't burn them! Send them to me...

throw a new piston kit in it a set of bearings and seals in it and new gas line and filter. rebuild the carb and it will be good for another 10 yrs. There is a guy in the Ebay stores that has a 272 aftermarket crank kit that comes with a new crank and rod assembly with new bearings,seals and complete gasket set for 85.00 that I am thinking hard on. im putting together a 272 at the present. good luck with making it good again. Rick!

got it going again today and it ran and then It died. metering needle stuck open and now getting a new carb kit, but this is the last straw. Everything has been done to this saw from the crank up. Frustrated to the extream. Was a good saw but there is a time when it needs to become a show piece.
If this does not work how about a custom paintjob and a shelf life

casey

Latest posts

Back