When Porting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmester

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
When you are porting, what happens to the saw when you raise or lower the intake or exhaust port? Also if widening the transfers what happens to how the saw runs ? How far can you go with raising or lowering before you have ruined the cylinder. I am new to porting and would like to learn the basics before I try it out.

i did not say i was going to raise the ports i was wondering what it did if you did. i am try to gain a grasp of what all the different thing you can do and why. that way i can come up with a plan on what i want to do to a saw from the begin. thanks for you reply.

When you are porting, what happens to the saw when you raise or lower the intake or exhaust port? Also if widening the transfers what happens to how the saw runs ? How far can you go with raising or lowering before you have ruined the cylinder. I am new to porting and would like to learn the basics before I try it out.

Two Stroke Tuner's Handbook

Porting

To answer your question, raising the exhaust and lowering the intake in that order raises the peek horsepower RPM. Widening the ports both intake and exhaust will increase the torque of the motor. Hope this gives you some idea of what people are talking about when modding saws. Rick!!!!!!

That's what I was looking for. What happens when you raise and widen the transfer ports? Thank again for everyones help.

The transfer ports should be strictly left alone until you really learn what you're doing,even small incorrect changes can be disastrous and ruin the cylinder. The intake and exhaust port are easier and safer to modify and give good results.

Latest posts

Back