? when to call it quit's?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chucker

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
!ok there's all of 16" of snow on the level in the woods. having been able to get around in the woods till now with the f-150 4x4 till today. slid into a huge red oak that took out the r. r. quarter panel. when do you all call it "time to quit" with the 4x4 trucks? more snow in the forecast in the coming days, so its time to bring out the old allis d-15 with chains to help move snow an pull some wood to a landing! loading blocks into the bucket with a couple logs on the hitch should make for some faster wood making .... tandem and f-150 for a good daily workout.

Attachments

• IMG_6107.JPG
    IMG_6107.JPG
    931.4 KB · Views: 145
!ok there's all of 16" of snow on the level in the woods. having been able to get around in the woods till now with the f-150 4x4 till today. slid into a huge red oak that took out the r. r. quarter panel. when do you all call it "time to quit" with the 4x4 trucks? more snow in the forecast in the coming days, so its time to bring out the old allis d-15 with chains to help move snow an pull some wood to a landing! loading blocks into the bucket with a couple logs on the hitch should make for some faster wood making .... tandem and f-150 for a good daily workout.

I would have {called it quits} Before I decided to frustrate my self into a full bore,..lost control , smashed my truck episode.. I've been driving on alota thick ice lately, And it's pretty obvious that ....I need to focus on the road way,
If I was in the woods I'd be in a (feel mode), feeling my way threw the terrain. For some people its a feeling, of the road,
And for others ,..its a feeling of the ditch...I guess I pretty much posted thee point blank post of today,..lololololo......

I called it quits when plowing my trails would've resulted in a lot of fuel burned only to still possibly get stuck.

That cold snow is like light sand and just churns instead of helping stick you to the ground below. I'm not wasting my time in 16" of that nonsense.

I'm not cutting anything until spring.

He was feeling his way through, that red oak told him to move the other way a smidge!

The side of the bed into a tree would have ruined my day on one truck. The other one was bought for a beater. The boy just bounced a 10" round off the bed the other day. While I felt bad, I was relieved it was the beater!

I seen this happen before on a nice Chevy. .. A crying shame . Sorry to hear it . I'd Get yourself an old tractor for hauling wood they are much better suited for it anyways

A buddy of mine had 85 oaks logged and gave me the tops. The path to the landing was nearly a mile long winding through woods and fields and he had plowed a path to it. The 3rd time I got stuck, and he had to pull me out, I called it quits. After all I didn't want him to think I was stupid(LOL).

This past weekend I drove out into the plowed field and pulled a stuck snowmobile out of crotch deep snow along the water way... never even slipped a tire.
They (the neighbor and his boy) told me I'd never get there... I just laughed at 'em.
What you need is traction-lug bias-ply tires...

Really Chucker, it's all your fault anyways. You should have already cut that tree down. It wouldn't have "been able to reach out and touch you" then.

Ted
yes ted! this tree has a limited life span that's dropping fast! going spearing for a couple of days so I can wallow in self pity from my lack of hind site... perhaps Monday next week will do to extract my revenge on this soon to be firewood tree.....lol

This past weekend I drove out into the plowed field and pulled a stuck snowmobile out of crotch deep snow along the water way... never even slipped a tire.
They (the neighbor and his boy) told me I'd never get there... I just laughed at 'em.
What you need is traction-lug bias-ply tires...
? alas spidey, all I have are them danged luger radials that only like,s to bite oak trees bigger than themselves.... lol

Back