When to replace a bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I would have to drill a hole in that Pro bar to do that. Good bars do not require you grease the tips. As far as pinching it,,,,,,maybe,,,,,but it's just worn out fella's the sprocket in the end has razer sharp points and shows alot of wear. I figured if the sprocket is worn that much the bearing isn't far behind, causing the added heat. I've been looking for a replacemnet tip, found one on fleabay, but the seller says"Although it fits the sthil bar's you have to add some to the chain" his is longer than the factory. Crap in other words. Guess I'm either gonna have to break down and buy the stihl one or get another bar,,,,,Damit.:chainsaw:

do you think it would be worth it to drill one??

do you think it would be worth it to drill one??

I kinda doubt it, that one lasted along time. Most likely risk getting fillings into your new bar bearings. I'm gonna run it till she quits, or I find a tip. I'll watch alittle closer to see if the pinching thing is a problem, :popcorn:

I kinda doubt it, that one lasted along time. Most likely risk getting fillings into your new bar bearings. I'm gonna run it till she quits, or I find a tip. I'll watch alittle closer to see if the pinching thing is a problem, :popcorn:

just buy you a new tip and keep cutting with the current till it goes.

I got one, probably needs new tip, just keeps forgetting to take in the bar with me to the dealer. Still cuts straight so I keep on using it.

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

I do have another ES bar that's almost new too.

Yo----The tip on your bar looks great compared to mine. Last year changing the chain mine left me with two bloody fingers, from the points. Took me a bit to figure out what happen.:cry:

Might be little hard to tell from the picture but the spars are like vampire teeth!! lol Plus, start to have concave shaped where the tip meets the bar.

Latest posts

Back