When's the last time the oil/gas man delivered to your tank?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lessee... southern New England, ~3300 sq ft 15 room farmhouse, 1/3 with new windows and insulation. Been through 175 gallons of no 2 oil and probably 3 -4 cords, burning a Hearthstone Heritage.

Not bad considering when my grandparents lived there and heated only with oil they went through about 100 gallons a week.

The last time I bought fuel oil it was 17 cents a gallon. So, you do the math, it had to be about 40 years ago.
However, last fall finally I installed a backup gas fired boiler and so the installers had used a little natural gas to test the boiler. Up to this point in time the only heat I had was 100% wood fired.

Use to fill a 500lb tank once a month during heating season,went 5 winters without.Last year about this time my propane company fired me for not using enough (averaged 51gallons per year :bowdown: ) so I had a little local company bring me the smallest tank they had for lease.I checked it a few weeks ago and it was at 70%

3 weeks ago. It was our first fill since installing the wood stove. 22 gallons, approximately 93 bucks. The best part; the oil company called the next day and said "Um... we just wanted to call and make sure the tank is full. The delivery driver is new, we wanted to make sure he didn't make a mistake" I chuckled and said "No mistake here, tank's full... We heat with wood now."

Back