Where all the Loggers at ??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StIhL MaGnUm

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well where no one post here anymore , whats new and exciting in the AS logging section people.. Gypo I know your still around whats new..Logcutter ? Newfie ? Ryan ? Where are you guys stop in say hello..

Rob

Still around. Mostly cutting trees. Nobody comes to AS much since it was taken by coup by the CGLC.

Keeping busy?

Newfie said:
Still around. Mostly cutting trees. Nobody comes to AS much since it was taken by coup by the CGLC.

Keeping busy?

CGLC?

Hi Rob, good to see that you`re stll kickin'. How is that foot of your`s healing up? 100% yet?

Take care, Russ

Hey fellas ,

Yup Im still kickn' foot is healed up , would'nt say 100% but it never really will be but it's ok now..Mike glad to hear your staying busy cutting always a good thing , as for myself recently unemployed decided to leave the clearing co I was running skidder for so now Im out and about looking to get back into logging. Im gonna be a daddy in March also my fiance is 11 weeks pregnant , and we're soon to get married , but other than that just looking for a new job logging .
Russ good to hear from you and thanks for asking bout the foot , suprised you guys remember . Hows things for you ? Well keep intouch , I think Im gonna be around here a lil more often.

Rob

Logging

Well boys i quite loging, for the sumemr i worked at a tire shop, and fixed and installe dnew Truck tires on big trucks, and now im currently employsed at Sabian.

Hey Rob, congrads on getting to be a dad, Still logging but quit cutting about a year ago, been skidding behind a hydro-axe , longer hours but the money good.

Hey it's good to hear your still logging , why did you quit cutting ? Injury , or just get tired of it . Thanks for the congrats . So what are you running for skidder behind the HX ? Grapple I hope .. Knew a few guys who ran cable behind a buncher way to slow for production that way .. HEy it was good to hear from you , keep intouch us loggers need to stick together

Rob

Well cutting was getting too slow and the money was'nt their anymore and after 26 years full time cutting it was time for a change. I'm running a 380 timberjack grapple, its different but not bad.

Well it's good to hear your still in it , TJ are nice machines sucks they're not around anymore really since Deere bought them out..but hey skidding goes on right..

Timberjacks:(

When ever i saw a timberjack cable or grapple skidde rit put a smile on my face. Then theyw ere green deeres and no Deer just took over the green color for their equipment. make sme wanna cry:( I miss you jack:(

Timberjack

Thanks man that is a real ncie skidder, looks like its been taken care of. If you take care of a peice of equipment it will take care of you:) . I really do miss the jacks though, I mean deers are probably a nice machine too, but they will never replace the jacks.
That 380 put a smile on my face and like amde my day :)

Yup David got a good deal on a nice machine there , hopefully I'll get to see it in action this week .. Cut an skid cut an skid right David ..

Rob

I'm still around but I've been busy putting together a crew and buying new to me equipment. I'm moving on to a 40 acre select cut tommorow. I should be there three or four weeks if we don't get hit with weather then its on to a 5 acre clear cut for a week then more selectcuts.

Hey David that would be cool get some pics ..good idea .. Ryan good to hear your busy , and still around here .. Atleast theres still some loggers on the site

Rob

I have Franklin 130B that I'll sell for $14,000. Its a really good running skidder but I need some thing bigger to handle my work load otherwise I wouldn't sell it.

Hi Rob, glad your foot is ok and good to see you around again.
I'm still cutting, it's all I know how to do to keep the wolf away. lol
I still have the 540A, but I'm a gentleman logger now, so I have been using my Kubota and Norse winch in the bush. The horse people love me with all the trails I make.
NorseWinch.jpg

MapleLoad.jpg

Back