Where all the Loggers at ??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I hear ya the 460 TJ's are good machines same thing as a 648 Deere really , well now they really are..For some reason I always found that a 460's go through mud and wet areas a lot better than Deere skidders dont know if it's the gearing or what but they just pull better..Cuttin the wood with a HX is'nt too bad with a saw head but if they are shearing it sucks you have to butt the log a few feet from shatter..Sounds like some nice wood though

Saw head for obvious reasons, the 460 does good in the mud but has limitations, last winter we had two on the job the one i was running has 35s the other had flotations, he could go where i could'nt even begin and if i did he could'nt get back thru it.

Rob, I'm going to sell my Franklin if you know anyone who would be interested in a nice tight and right small skidder.

Ryan ,

What do you want for the machine ? I could pass the word around . Hows the 540 did you put it too work yet ?

I'm asking $12,500 for the franklin, it has new pins and bushings all the way though it plus two new tires new brake band in the winch new hydro pump and alot of other parts. I spent all day putting two new tires on the 540 today. I had to fire my skidder man friday because of drugs so I'm once again looking for someone else.

Ryan I'll pass the word around on the skidder up this way , wish it was spring time I'd come run skidder for you ..

Rob

I'm trying a guy out tommorow that says he can cut and skid 5 tandums a day by himself! I have to see this to believe it. Now that is with some one on the boom and one man driving but still thats alot of wood to push by yourself!

I couldn't tell you Mike, he didn't show up. Typical. Although talking to the other loggers in the area that he has worked for in the past they all tell me that he is one of the best timber cutters in the county. He also uses directional felling as well as the borecut. They tell me that he is good about not tearing up the remaning timber but like I said I haven't seen his work. The job I'm on now I am cutting for private forester and I have been told that if it will make a log that it is to be cut. Let me tell you that doesn't leave much! They buy pallet logs all the way down to six inches around here!

Hey Chris .. I only know one person who calls me Ron . So where in the Northeast are you ? Well let us know or you can PM me maybe we could meet up sometime

Rob

Rob, my new timbercutter came out today, he cut 5 tandum loads today and man is he good. He even uses the bore cut and the open face and doesn't tear up much.

Nope, I'm staying out of his way! Once we get off the steep ground we should get 6-7 tandums a day.

Latest posts

Back