Where are Carlton saw chains manufactured?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really. That's the average. Sometimes we can get 10 bucks in big stuff, but it's rare. Cottonwood is tougher than you think. Changing the chain is a lot cheaper than burning up dull chain (and bars) and wasting time and fuel. Also, the bark is often packed with sand and Lord knows what else from floods.

Windthrown and HeyDuke also know.
A LOT of sand on the Missouri River Valley The little band saw pop up mills really get an education. I always liked sawing (Circular mill) cottonwood from west of me on the Blue river as a rule it was harder/,, pink under the bark/ very little fuzz/black loam little or no sand, and a better grade. Takes a sharper blade to "CUT" a cottonwood log than "CHIP" an Oak log.

I googled Blount Oergon and found the pic on a site out of Belgium. I didn't know Oregon also sold atv batteries.
I used to live 20 miles from the factory in Guelph Ontario, but was never in there. I should have gone dumpster diving. Lol

Blount owned the Belgian based KOX bar and chain (+ more?) brand for a while, so the picture may have something to do with that?

I read that Blount sold all the bar and chain related brands they owned not long ago though?

Latest posts

Back