Where can I buy a techlite bar longer than 16"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zwoehr

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I need a couple of new bars and thought I'd try the Husqvarna techlite. The only problem is I can only find them in in the 14-16 inch small mount version. Do they still make these and if so where can I get one? Alternately what do recommend as a good value bar? I need a 24" large Husky mount .50 and a 18" small mount. I only have Stihl dealers close by so I'll probably be ordering online.

Would you settle for a 20 inch one 3/8 by 0.058? I just saw a few of them on ebay.

For the small mount one the 0.325 Nk or pixel due to the smaller nose and narrower middle those are lighter and come in 72 drive link size called 18".

I need a couple of new bars and thought I'd try the Husqvarna techlite. The only problem is I can only find them in in the 14-16 inch small mount version. Do they still make these and if so where can I get one? Alternately what do recommend as a good value bar? I need a 24" large Husky mount .50 and a 18" small mount. I only have Stihl dealers close by so I'll probably be ordering online.

I just bought 2 of the 20" large mount off of eBay. I couldn't find a 24".

The only ones I can find are 12", 14" and 16"
That is about what I ended up with putting techlite into the search box on the Husqvarna website I have in my bookmark collection. 12 and 14 in 0.043 and 12,14, and 16 in 0.50. Those are for 3/8 low profile chain. I think it would be unrealistic to expect one for that chain to be branded Husqvarna at 18 inches. Stihl makes an "18" 61 drive link bar, perhaps a light one as well that can be made to fit by lengthening the slot and drilling new holes for the adjuster and oil input. Or the lowest grade 7 tooth nose in Oregon at 62 drive links. Those are often seen in hardware stores.
They are 041 instead of 095 bar tail but I can oblong the adjuster hole towards the center and plug the top of the adjuster hole and make a new oil input spot pretty easy. Because of the nose size they are pretty light. You never specified what kind of chain you wanted a bar for in your request for other choices.

The only ones I can find are 12", 14" and 16"
Those are for the little T540xp top handle saw. The large mount Techlite bars for the 562xp, 372xp,390xp, etc are discontinued due to the nose sprockets blowing apart, but when they were made they only made a large mount in 20" and 28" and never made a small mount for the 346xp, 550xp, etc.

Those are for the little T540xp top handle saw. The large mount Techlite bars for the 562xp, 372xp,390xp, etc are discontinued due to the nose sprockets blowing apart, but when they were made they only made a large mount in 20" and 28" and never made a small mount for the 346xp, 550xp, etc.
That's good to know. I had heard they were good bars, but I guess not.

I thought they were good bars, i had a few of them and didn't have any problems but apparently some did and Husky pulled them.

A member here had one fly apart on him.

Latest posts

Back