Where can I purchase systemic insecticides in bulk ( 5 gallon containers)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjw4413

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where I may be able to purchase 5 gallon containers of systemic insecticide. I'm treating a large amount of Elm trees for Elm leaf beetles in Northern Nevada. Any help would be great.

John

I buy my chemicals threw agruim advanced technologys. If you are a licenced applicator, they will sell to you. They are a nation wide company

What product are you planning to use? You may be able to find it locally through an ag chemical dealer. They may not stock it, but the same compaines they deal with probably market products that you could use.

Check out site sponsor Tree Stuff.

I use Midwest Arborist Supply most of the time and Rainbow sometimes.

Buy some over-the-counter grubworm treatment at your nearest garden center. Make sure it has Merit insecticide. Spread according to the directions in the root zone of the tree.

Water it in. The tree will absorb it from the soil.

Or...you could spend a lot of money on fancier treatments that probably wouldn't work any better.

XSAG- Buy and sell Ag Chemicals

If you are a liscensed applicator it's the cheapest route.

Just make sure whatever you're buying is labeled for the application, as even if the formulation is the same, the USDA dosn't care about anything but the dadgum label and will come down like the hammer of Thor if your application dosn't match up with the product registration #.

Do the research ahead of time.

Another one with good prices that might be near you.
Home

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Another one is Lesco/JohnDeereLandscapes. I'm not a applicator, but pretty sure they sell all that stuff, but it will be their brand, don't think they go outside, but for snapshot

I have used JJ Mauget in the far past for direct elm injection fungicide. That stuff does seem to work. Just going to throw up a link so you can see the ingredients.

Alamo Fungicide

Another one is Lesco/JohnDeereLandscapes. I'm not a applicator, but pretty sure they sell all that stuff, but it will be their brand, don't think they go outside, but for snapshot

I used to use john deere landscape, but there prices are way higher then Agruim Advanced technologys.

Another one you could try would be Genisis Turf grass, they sell all those checmicals.

Yep.

Lesco certainly wasn't the cheapest in town, and they got worse when John Deere bought them out.

That being said, they are not too bad at having basic irrigation parts, seed, and grounds maintenance chemical around when you need them.

Their people are not always the sharpest fork in the drawer.

Midwest Arborist Supplies and Banner Sales (strictly chemical/insectide sales)

I buy our local/bulk stuff from Lesco/JD, but the specific tree supplies comes from Midwest Arborist Supplies. Brian at MAS is really helpful and knows his stuff.

Can't go wrong with treestuff either! Luke is the man.

Back