Where do I find basic info/advise/a book title from experienced with "level heads"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClintC

C's Tree Needs
Reaction score
After 16yrs. of busting my --- (skillfully) for my dad's residential tree srvc., I am now "starting from scratch" after seeing/experiencing how WIKEDLY CRAZY that dad's health problems (severe diabetes-since 95, kidney failure/heart attack this summer - and untreated addiction problems besides the "use" can turn lives upside down and inside out.
I take great pride in my work, have common sense and have a "decent" skill level (down played/being humble) as a "do whatever it takes to get the job done correctly" (EXCEPT FOR NO EXPERIENCE "IN THE TREE OR BUCKET" ).
I know of a climber that I'm comfortable with, but WANT TO LEARN TO CLIMB MYSELF when the job is "medium to small" without extra hazards in order to save money and NOT be dependant on someone else.

*********I need "good basic advice/knowledge/helpful hints" involving climbing and knots, so that I can safely prove dad wrong thru my success.************

I thank u in advance from the heart,
Clint
(502) 408-1528

Climbers Companion by Jepsen - you can find it as a bit torrent

Arboriculture by Harris

ISA Certification Study Guide

Anything and everything by Shigo

A good tree ID book for your area
Disease and Insect information for trees in your area.

Read the pamphlets at Trees Are Good.com

Read old threads on this site and some of the other arboriculture sites on the interweb

Climbers Companion by Jepsen - you can find it as a bit torrent

Arboriculture by Harris

ISA Certification Study Guide

Anything and everything by Shigo

A good tree ID book for your area
Disease and Insect information for trees in your area.

Read the pamphlets at Trees Are Good.com

Read old threads on this site and some of the other arboriculture sites on the interweb

thanx for the info

good luck clint. honesty work ethic attention to detail and personal drive will take you far, and more than make up for lack of big equipment. you already show that you are willing to work and learn, the rest will come if you continue to listen to that voice in the back of your head. most important thing i could recommend is not to be to hard on your pop, you only get one and no matter his faults you will miss him when gone. i can tell from your willingness to learn a profession than you picked up some of his good attributes. good luck with your chosen field of work and be safe.

Fundamentals of General Tree Work by Beranek is an excellent resource. Available from Treestuff in paperback for a very reasonable price.

Latest posts

Back