where does this part go?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
i am putting the dual dawgs with the ceramic chain catcher on my 036. ended up with this small clip and am not sure where it belongs. looks like it should go on the shaft that the ceramic piece slids on but not sure. thanks.

Attachments

• 2015-05-1612.04.07.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 35
It slides down the pin to retain the roller. It looks like it should ride in a groove, but does not. There is a recess on the roller that the clip fits in, so the roller will still turn on the pin.

It just prevents the roller from coming off when you pull off the cover

As already stated press it down on the roller just deep enough to keep the roller in place while it is still able to turn

thanks for the repiles guys. i thought that was where it went but wasn't sure. got it on. thanks again.

Why does everyone call it a ceramic chain catcher? Its made from plastic. :dizzy:
that's how stihl lists it "ceramic chain catch kit" #1135-650-7700. they are probably plastic on Husqvarna's. :laughing:

Ipl shows 1135-650-7700 as "sleeve". They are both plastic. Take something pointy and scratch it.

Back