Where have all the Ripsaw users gone?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i know the ripsaw website states the 660 is the largest saw. it just that all i have is either a ms250 or an ms880. the 4 stroke bandsaw they sell is also 9hp which is hte same as the 880. hoping i dont have to buy another saw.

i know the ripsaw website states the 660 is the largest saw. it just that all i have is either a ms250 or an ms880. the 4 stroke bandsaw they sell is also 9hp which is hte same as the 880. hoping i dont have to buy another saw.

We're going back and forth between threads here. The ms250 is two small. You could sell that and get a used 361. You might be able to modify to fit the 880 as long as the oil holes match up. The right power heads for this unit IMO are 361, 044, or 046/equivalents.

Yeah, I've been wondering that myself. But I'm in New York, and the saw's in Alabama, and since it's really out of my control, I'm not going to get myself worked up about it.

I reckon I'd call them and ask them how long its going to take to re stack the molecules. I mean it might make sense if you sent it to some shop on the butt of Africa and they were making the parts out of elephant bones, but for crying out loud, they ARE the manufacturer. How long could it possibly take? even with a wait for your turn.

I've been waiting for mine to come back from repair. Been waiting over a year (since Jan 2010). Sigh.

This post right here should be reason enough for anyone wondering about buying one of these.....not to! Says a LOT about a company.....

Scott (run away fast) B

This post right here should be reason enough for anyone wondering about buying one of these.....not to! Says a LOT about a company.....

Scott (run away fast) B

There may be more to the story than just whats posted on here. His ripsaw may have been dropped from a ten story building. It might have been finished for the last year waiting for some one to pay for the repairs. I think we don't have the whole story.

No, you have the whole story...

There may be more to the story than just whats posted on here. His ripsaw may have been dropped from a ten story building. It might have been finished for the last year waiting for some one to pay for the repairs. I think we don't have the whole story.

Nothing tricky here. My saw was mistracking and had cut through the cover plate, so it needed a new cover and some tuning up and proper alignment. I spoke to a fellow at the factory, who agreed that it should take about two weeks. Like I said, that was over a year ago. I call them up every couple of months... It's still there. I guess I should call again soon, but then I would just get annoyed, right?

♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♪♫♫♫♫♪♪♫♫♪♪♫♫♫♪♪♪♫♪♪♫
Long ♪♫ time ♫♫♪ passing ♫♪such a long long time ago

Last edited:
Wasn't referring to arddquarck's problem just the tune from the 60's that's all. Can't pleasem' all so you got to please yourself. Didn't mean to tick anyone off as tick season is about to happen.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back