Where in Georgia to take an 064 to be rebuilt?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The saw needs to go to Randy. Look up the thread on Mastermind meets the Johnsered 2095. That saw was jacked up (I know- it's mine) It is a rebuild thread. If you are wondering if he does good work........ look at my sig- Logic would dictate you only do repeat business where you got quality work at a reasonable rate.:msp_thumbup: He has my new Johnsered 2171 and the 540xp and Johnsered 2260 will be shipped directly from Spike 60 to him the day they become avail for purchase. :rock:

The thing about Randy is, besides being a very good down to earth guy. He is very interactive with people on this forum, shows what he does, and confident, the only other sponsor that is similar is Brad, people like that, and for that reason, they trust him. Now I'm not trying to bad mouth anyone else here, so please don't take it that way. Terry, is really great too, and builds one hell of a saw from what I've seen and heard, I only know that cause I've been around long enough. Being very personable with people helps so much, I just can't explain, but the people that know what I mean, understand.

This will be # 3 for us. Two girls already, so nobody to leave the saws/tools/guns to just yet. Not hoping for a boy in particular, just hoping for a healthy one. We just celebrated our 9th anniversary the other day, so I must be doing something right.

Via Samsung Galaxy S3

Via Samsung Galaxy S3

I've been married 12 years, and have two great beautiful girls, wouldn't have it any other way, sure I would be great to have a boy to share the CAD with, but girls are equally great in many other ways.

The thing about Randy is, besides being a very good down to earth guy. He is very interactive with people on this forum, shows what he does, and confident, the only other sponsor that is similar is Brad, people like that, and for that reason, they trust him. Now I'm not trying to bad mouth anyone else here, so please don't take it that way. Terry, is really great too, and builds one hell of a saw from what I've seen and heard, I only know that cause I've been around long enough. Being very personable with people helps so much, I just can't explain, but the people that know what I mean, understand.

That is exactly why he is the only one to touch my stuff and gets all my work and money. Share your work- I share my money.

Wow! I sincerely appreciate all of the replies. I'm researching all I can on the suggestions.

To respond to the guy that suggested I try to do the work myself, I'd like to and might do so on some of my other saws, but I'd really like this one to be done right. I certainly not a small engine mechanic, but I do the majority of my own work on my truck and tractor.

As for what I'd like done, primarily I want it running like new again, but if there are some tweaks that could be done to make it run better without sacrificing its reliability or longevity, I'm always open to that. It's just going to be used around my farm, but it will likely see quite a bit of use.

Thanks again, guys.

This will be # 3 for us. Two girls already, so nobody to leave the saws/tools/guns to just yet. Not hoping for a boy in particular, just hoping for a healthy one. We just celebrated our 9th anniversary the other day, so I must be doing something right.

Via Samsung Galaxy S3

Via Samsung Galaxy S3

That great for you. I just celebrated 25 years. Spend as much time as you can with the family. Those are the times you will look back on and cherish.

If I were in the OP's position...I'd just take it to 'nmurph' who lives close by.

If you just want it rebuilt and NOT ported...Neil will do you right and at a fair cost.

And..you save on the shipping costs both ways..!! - Neil has rebuilt many..many saws..and stands behind his work..!!
:cheers:
J2F

Wow! I sincerely appreciate all of the replies. I'm researching all I can on the suggestions.

To respond to the guy that suggested I try to do the work myself, I'd like to and might do so on some of my other saws, but I'd really like this one to be done right. I certainly not a small engine mechanic, but I do the majority of my own work on my truck and tractor.

As for what I'd like done, primarily I want it running like new again, but if there are some tweaks that could be done to make it run better without sacrificing its reliability or longevity, I'm always open to that. It's just going to be used around my farm, but it will likely see quite a bit of use.

Thanks again, guys.

Part A)That shows real smarts there. 064 is the wrong saw to try to learn on.

Part B) Mastermind is the only answer here. Im going off memory here- but I believe there is a 064 on his youtube channel. Type in Mastermind7864 and enojoy viewing how your saw could perform!

Last edited:
If I were in the OP's position...I'd just take it to 'nmurph' who lives close by.

If you just want it rebuilt and NOT ported...Neil will do you right and at a fair cost.

And..you save on the shipping costs both ways..!! - Neil has rebuilt many..many saws..and stands behind his work..!!
:cheers:
J2F

There are many people here that can do the job, Neil is definitely one of them. I'd like to think myself included in that, however I'm not a sponsor, so I don't take any work from here.

Some people just stand out more then others.

Back