where to find Stihl 056 air filter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candlerslim

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Howdy folks, I traded a load of fire wood for this great looking 056. It wouldn't run but after gmax sent me the service manual it's running great. The original air filter has lost all its fuz "flocking" and I'm having trouble finding a new air filter . I bought a filter from a place online and It looked just like the old one on my saw but it wouldn't fit. When I held the old one and the new one together up to the light, one of the bolt holes is off by about 1/8". So I call the guy I got it from and he says "oh does it say FAF 4 on it" , well yeah "oh sorry, those don't fit blah, blah send it back". So then I hear his wife in the background say "well why the he!! did you send it to him if you knew it wouldn't fit..." All the ones I've found online are $35-$45 bucks but when I "click here for larger image" it says FAF 4 right on the filter. I don't want order another one and have it not fit and have to send it back again. Has any one else come across these FAF4 knockoffs. Are these old filters that hard to get and/or expensive or is there some good place to find one? I have been cutting fire wood for about 12 years but have been reluctant to work on my own saws until recently. Reading this site has bolstered my confidence and the great service manual helped. Any advice on where to find parts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Slim

056 air filter

Hey slim; plenty on ebay or aftermarket,is your 056av,super or magnum? don't know about mag 2 in US they have unique filter here!

056 super

Slim if your 056 has carby HS118 on it the filter will have 2 notches on the top of the inner half.part number 1115 120 1625 you will have to split filter to find this.it's on the lower right hand side of the inside, use a magnifier glass, hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back